UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer jsy524
Observer

CPLD Connection

Jump to solution

Hello.

I am making transceiver board using two CPLDs, XC9572XL-VQ44.

I already made JTAG connection by connecting TDI and TDO.

I want to know whether there are other pins to connect two cplds except JTAG pins.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: CPLD Connection

Jump to solution

Can you clarify your question? You mean you have two XC9572XLs? 

The two CPLDs can work totally independent; no pins need to connect together, unless you need to transfer data between them. Just connect the necessary GPIOs.

If you mean JTAG pins, and you need to put the two in one JTAG chain, you will need to connect the TCKs and TMSs together. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Can you clarify your question? You mean you have two XC9572XLs? 

The two CPLDs can work totally independent; no pins need to connect together, unless you need to transfer data between them. Just connect the necessary GPIOs.

If you mean JTAG pins, and you need to put the two in one JTAG chain, you will need to connect the TCKs and TMSs together. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Observer jsy524
Observer

Jump to solution

I mean I have two cplds.

I understood your reply.

Thank you.

0 Kudos