UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Can I provide 1.2V to VCCO_0 when kintex-7 FPGA is not in configuration

For kintex-7FPGA, since I am run out programmed power channels, can I connect the VCCO_0 of bank0 to the VCCO of other banks. The IO will run at 1.2V. But VCCO_0 should be equal or above 1.5V. I think if I could program FPGA using slave selectmap method and set the VCCO to 1.5V. After configuration, I set the VCCO to 1.2V for using. It means VCCO_0 will be 1.2V because VCCO of all banks are connected together. The pull up resistors in bank 0 will be pull to 1.2V too, including pull up resistor for mode pin, program_b, done, init_b, etc. Is this idea work?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Re: Can I provide 1.2V to VCCO_0 when kintex-7 FPGA is not in configuration

not saying it will work but just that I cannot see a problem so far you keep VCCINT stable that is what keeps your configuration.

I assume (haven't checked it) that 1V2 is in the range for VCCO_0, besides the configuration requirements

Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

I htink it depends upon  CFGBVS as to what voltage you can use.

@drjohnsmith 

That applies for configuration, I believe (?) and in any case, both 1V5 and 1V2 correspond to 0 for Kintex, I think.

Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

suggest you double check the data sheet, I dont have them to hand,

As far as I know, the control pin is not just used during configuration , but before and after configuration it has to be valid.

what do yo have the control pin set to ?

Explorer
Explorer

I will set CFGBVS to 0 because the VCCO_0 is 1.5V when configuration.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

If not in configuration, can I set VCCO of bank 14 and bank 15 diffferent than VCCO_0? That mean keep VCCO_0 at 1.5V and set VCCO_14 and VCCO_15 to 1.2V after configuration. VCCO of bank 0,14,15 are equal at 1.5V before and during configuration.

0 Kudos
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

I dont know if you can move the powers around like this .. this is way outside normal ..

As its so un usual, can you go into a bit more detail as to why you want do this please ?