UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Does Vidado 2016.4 supoort Windows 10

Highlighted
Visitor

Does Vidado 2016.4 supoort Windows 10

Hi everyone ,

I am new to FPGA and I Already installed Vivado 2016.4 software in windows 8.1 it worked properly and after that I installed the same software in windows 10 ,the simulation was working but it dies not connected to the FPGA (zc702) board...Does Viviado 2016.4 supports in windows 10??

Thanks in advance..

Xilinx Employee

Re: Does Vidado 2016.4 supoort Windows 10

[ Edited ]

yes its supported. Here is list of supported on OS

Operating Systems Xilinx® only supports the following operating systems on x86 and x86-64 processor architectures.

Microsoft Windows Support

• Windows 7 and 7 SP1 Professional (64-bit), English/Japanese.

• Windows 8.1 Professional (64-bit), English/Japanese.

• Windows 10 Professional (64-bit), English/Japanese

• Vivado® Lab Edition is the only Xilinx toolset that supports Windows 7 SP1 Professional, 32-bit Operating System. Lab Edition also supports the 64-bit systems.

@1610dinesh This seems configuration issue please create new post for board detect issue  on configuration Forums board 

Linux Support

• Red Hat Enterprise Workstation/Server 7.1 and 7.2 (64-bit)

• Red Hat Enterprise Workstation 6.7 and 6.8 (64-bit) • Red Hat Enterprise Workstation 5.11 (64-bit)

• SUSE Linux Enterprise 11.4 and 12.1 (64-bit) • Cent OS 6.8 (64-bit) • Ubuntu Linux 16.04 LTS (64-bit)

• Vivado Lab Edition is the only Xilinx toolset that supports the Red Hat Enterprise Workstation 6.6 and 6.7, 32-bit Operating Systems. Lab Edition also supports the 64-bit systems.

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.

@1610dinesh,

The following Answer Record has the complete list of OS which are supported by Vivado.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/54242.html

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visitor

While I am connecting the zc702 board in windows 10 ,I am getting (unable to connect to hw_server with URL "TCp:localhost:3121") this error always . But it does not appear in windows 8.1 and using the same procedure.....Is anything I am missing to connect the hardware in windows 10 platform?

Thanks in advance.

Xilinx Employee

[ Edited ]
Have you install cable drivers separately after installing Vivado

See section "Installing cable drivers"http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_4/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf

@1610dinesh

PS: I would recommend you to create new post for hardware detection issue 

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.