01-10-2018 08:22 PM
Hi everyone ,
I am new to FPGA and I Already installed Vivado 2016.4 software in windows 8.1 it worked properly and after that I installed the same software in windows 10 ,the simulation was working but it dies not connected to the FPGA (zc702) board...Does Viviado 2016.4 supports in windows 10??
Thanks in advance..
01-10-2018 08:26 PM - edited 01-10-2018 08:31 PM
yes its supported. Here is list of supported on OS
Operating Systems Xilinx® only supports the following operating systems on x86 and x86-64 processor architectures.
Microsoft Windows Support
• Windows 7 and 7 SP1 Professional (64-bit), English/Japanese.
• Windows 8.1 Professional (64-bit), English/Japanese.
• Windows 10 Professional (64-bit), English/Japanese
• Vivado® Lab Edition is the only Xilinx toolset that supports Windows 7 SP1 Professional, 32-bit Operating System. Lab Edition also supports the 64-bit systems.
@1610dinesh This seems configuration issue please create new post for board detect issue on configuration Forums board
• Red Hat Enterprise Workstation/Server 7.1 and 7.2 (64-bit)
• Red Hat Enterprise Workstation 6.7 and 6.8 (64-bit) • Red Hat Enterprise Workstation 5.11 (64-bit)
• SUSE Linux Enterprise 11.4 and 12.1 (64-bit) • Cent OS 6.8 (64-bit) • Ubuntu Linux 16.04 LTS (64-bit)
• Vivado Lab Edition is the only Xilinx toolset that supports the Red Hat Enterprise Workstation 6.6 and 6.7, 32-bit Operating Systems. Lab Edition also supports the 64-bit systems.
01-10-2018 08:30 PM
The following Answer Record has the complete list of OS which are supported by Vivado.
01-10-2018 08:39 PM
While I am connecting the zc702 board in windows 10 ,I am getting (unable to connect to hw_server with URL "TCp:localhost:3121") this error always . But it does not appear in windows 8.1 and using the same procedure.....Is anything I am missing to connect the hardware in windows 10 platform?
Thanks in advance.
01-10-2018 08:52 PM - edited 01-10-2018 09:38 PM
See section "Installing cable drivers"http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_4/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf
PS: I would recommend you to create new post for hardware detection issue