UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie ozorion

Help! spartan3e and its module download cable connection issue

I am a college student who knows little about fpga.
I'm trying to do a project with a module called 'GODIL' with spartan3e built in.
I know that the operating system that can develop the FPGA is up to Window7

After a trial and error, the ISE design suite is finally installed on Windows 10, which seems to work normally.

The dlp9lp usb platform cable, which was purchased in Korea, also lights up when connected, so the drive seems to be installed.

But there is a problem
When connecting with the module using the adapter included in dlc9lp, nothing happens.
The led light of the usb platform cable is still red.

The module we bought : http://bitly.kr/iGPVbC

I think it's right to supply the external power, but this 'GODIL' module doesn't have the usual dc power connections (like 2.35mm jack).

Looking at the datasheet, it looks like it's getting 5v power from the micro usb, but there's no jack in it and only the electrode remains.

One of the team members had a jumper wire to supply the 5v power, so I confirmed that the LED of the module (not the usb platform) was on.
However, in order for the module to be securely connected to the computer, it seems to have to solder the micro usb jack to the module.

This seems difficult right now because there is no equipment.
I wonder why they didn't include the usb jack in the module.

It's hard to understand the explanation in the data sheet, but maybe one of the pins of this module could power the module, but we didn't know it?

Can you help me with this?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Help! spartan3e and its module download cable connection issue

Why insist on installing ISE on an unsupported OS? That it could work sometime does not mean it can always work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos