UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor xiltera03123
Visitor

ICAP boot at address, Ignoring WBSTAR

Jump to solution

Hey,

Actually I implemented a booloader as a golden image. It uses the flag NEXT_CONFIG_ADDRESS 0x002000. So while booting it directly switches to 0x002000. From there, at some point I want to go back to the image at 0x00000. But if I am using ICAPS then it boots at 0x000, seeing the WBSTAR and goes back to 0x002000 again :(

Is there a way to handle this issue. I thought about triggering fallback mode manualle somehow. So it ignores ICAP IPROG command... Maybe by corrupting a fake image in flash? Is there a clean solution?

I actually running out of ideas, maybe one of you can help me :)

Greets

XILTERA

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: ICAP boot at address, Ignoring WBSTAR

Jump to solution
You can load golden by issuing an IPROG. Since you have WBSTAR in the golden it will again jump to update image. Configuration engine only ignore WBSTAR in case of configuration error(fallback). Since there is no error condition it will use the WBSTAR address for jump which is an expected behavior.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Jump to solution
You can load the golden image and set the trigger to some external switch or some condition which will trigger IPROG condition true and do a jump at required address.

Yes. In above cases above results are expected as WBSTAR is embedded in the bitstream.

Steps you should perform:
-- Remove WBSTAR from Golden image
-- Use some external switch to trigger IPROG (ICAP logic sits in golden) and perform a jump.

I am not sure which device you are using please refer to the following application note https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/ac701/2014_3/xtp226-ac701-multiboot-c-2014-3.pdf

Design can be found here: https://www.xilinx.com/member/forms/download/design-license.html?cid=389488&filename=rdf0224-ac701-multiboot-c-2015-1.zip

Thanks
harshit
0 Kudos
Visitor xiltera03123
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hey,

I was checking the example. But this is what I am already doing. I can jump to any address and load an image. The problem is that I want the update image be loaded imidiately. This example boots the golden image and then decides which image shall be loaded.

I want to load the update image directly after set power and be able to boot the golden/bootloder image from there (if triggered). But the fallback solution shall also work. If a new update image(flashed by the bootloader) is broken, the bootloader shall be loaded again so a new image can be flashed.

if ( (DataRead & 0x00000001) == 0x00000001 )
	 {
	   fpga_iprog(0x00400000); // IPROG to GOOD BITSTREAM ,must match address in .prm
	 }
	 if ( (DataRead & 0x00000008) == 0x00000008 )
	 {
	   fpga_iprog(0x00800000); // IPROG to cause configuration error
	 }
      }
      else {
         print("GpioInputExample FAILED.\r\n");
      }
   }
0 Kudos

Jump to solution
You can load golden by issuing an IPROG. Since you have WBSTAR in the golden it will again jump to update image. Configuration engine only ignore WBSTAR in case of configuration error(fallback). Since there is no error condition it will use the WBSTAR address for jump which is an expected behavior.
0 Kudos
Visitor xiltera03123
Visitor

Jump to solution

Okay,

Thanks!

0 Kudos