UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor canberkt
Visitor

Kintex-7 ReConfiguration Problem

We use Kintex-7 FPGA on our own designed card. Although not on other cards, we are having a problem with FPGA on this card. Our problem: We cannot load the second configuration to Kintex.More specifically, after giving the card the first power, we can configure it. However, while this configuration is installed on the card, we cannot load the second configuration to Kintex.We can perform the loading process when we turn the power off and on again.
We need help with this problem.

My observations:
When I checked the pins in Jtag with the help of the oscilloscope, I observed that the "PROGRAM_B" signal was low. When I throw the first code, the "PROGRAM_B" bit is getting "high"and I can load the code. However, this does not happen in the second installation. Besides, Vivado can recognize FPGA over JTAG on the second configuration.

In the meantime, there was no such error on this card. I tried to use "Picoblaze JTAG Loader" on this card, and I suspect the error occurred after the "picoblaze" attempt.

Thank you for your comments.
Canberk.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Kintex-7 ReConfiguration Problem

Hi Canberk,

Which config mode you are trying to use? Just JTAG?
Which version of tools you are using? Can you try to use 2018.2 or 2018.3 (Vivado lab tools) ?
Can you share the design properties using the below commands for the first design?
report_property -all [current_design] # make sure to open the implemented design
What happens if you just do a refresh_hw_device using Vivado HW manager GUI?

Thanks
Harshit
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos