UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

MCS file generation and device programming

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a project for the ZC702 board. In this project I am using only the logic of the FPGA and the two ARMs are not in use at all. The .bit file is generated properly and is working fine, after download it via the JTAG the configuration is correct.

Now I would like to program the configuration device to avoid the need to use the JTAG every time the board is powered up.

In the bitstream options I ask to generate a .bin file, but for documentation it seems that is missing the header. For this reason I use the following command:

write_cfgmem -format mcs -interface SPIx1 -size 128 -loadbit "up 0x0 system.bit" -file boot.mcs

I load the file on the memory, no errors or warnings but the Init led stays red.

Any ideas how to debug this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Re: MCS file generation and device programming

Jump to solution

@abelardogonzalez 

Please do not post duplicate. I have answered your post here

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Welcome-Join/Generate-a-MCS-file-is-not-working-as-expected/m-p/683208

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Re: MCS file generation and device programming

Jump to solution

@abelardogonzalez 

Please do not post duplicate. I have answered your post here

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Welcome-Join/Generate-a-MCS-file-is-not-working-as-expected/m-p/683208

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos