UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor debarshi_6
Visitor

Partial Reconfiguration

I have installed Xilinx PlanAhead 14.7 software. My work is about partial reconfiguration but unfortunately I can't see any partial reconfiguration link in my software. Kindly solve this problem

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Partial Reconfiguration

@debarshi_6,

Two suggestions:

1. Ensure you have a Partial Reconfiguration license.  These have been included for free with all editions (other than WebPack) for almost two years, but the PartialReconfiguration feature code is required to use the tools, for any version of ISE or Vivado.

2. Read the User Guide to make sure you are using the flow correctly.  The last ISE document was version 14.5 of UG702.

thanks,

david.

Visitor debarshi_6
Visitor

I have ISE 14.7 Design Suite and PlanAhead 14.7 but there is no link in Partial Reconfiguration in this software. There is no incense file and how can we get license file or how to run partial reconfiguration in the above softwares. Please provide  partial reconfigurationn  license file.

Awaiting your answer 

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@debarshi_6,

If you have no license file, how are you running the software?  Are you using WebPack?  You'll need to purchase either a Design or System Edition, and PR is included for free, or use the free WebPack version and purchase the PR feature.  When you purchase a license, you'll get access to both ISE and Vivado -- we definitely want you using Vivado if you're using 7 series. In either case, your local sales office can help you make a purchase.

Maybe these links can help:

https://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/vivado.html#buy

https://www.xilinx.com/about/contact/sales-reps.html

thanks,

david.

0 Kudos
Visitor debarshi_6
Visitor

Thanks for your information. If I download Vivado Design Suite HLx System from your website, can I get Partial Reconfiguration License file without any cost. Kindly also share me the link  for positive reply.

Thanking you,

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@debarshi_6,

Partial Reconfiguration is available at no *additional* cost -- it is included in System Edition and Design Editions packages, but licenses to these editions is not free.  If you are a professor or researcher at a university, there is a donation program that you can apply to for free access to the tools, but otherwise you'd need to purchase an edition license or the PR feature for WebPack.

thanks,

david.

0 Kudos