UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer lameres
Observer

SEM, PR, and ICAP Port Management

I am currently using an Artix-7 XC7A200T and trying to add the Soft Error Mitigation core to the design. This design already has Partial Reconfiguration set up within it. After generating the core and adding it to my top-level entity, I generated the bitstream and connected to the monitor interface via Tera Term. I received the following on the display:

X7_SEM_V4_1
SC 01
FS 0B
ICAP

From what I understand, the SEM has entered the initialization phase but cannot correctly interface with the ICAP ports and therefore never enters observation. I tried using the example design generated from the SEM core, I checked the ICAPE2 primitive in the example configuration file (sem_cfg.vhd), and I think the problem lies with the SEM and PR connections to the ICAP.

Where would I go within the PR design to find where it interfaces with the ICAP ports, and how could I best resolve the SEM/PR conflict?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: SEM, PR, and ICAP Port Management

l,

PR and SEM IP was never considered.  In fact the SEM IP assumes it 'owns' the ICAP, and once started, the CRAM will never intentionally be changed.  If the bitstream changes, SEM IP must be completely restarted by a power cycle - no provision is made to reset or restart.  This was a concious decision because such a feature would make the SEM vulnerable, reducing its effectiveness.

l.e.o.

Re: SEM, PR, and ICAP Port Management

Above outcome of SEM IP show clocking issues. If you refer to https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/sem/v4_1/pg036_sem.pdf (Page#119-120) you will find the debugging tips. Below is the snapshot of same.

SEM_debug.JPGG036 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos