UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor kengie
Visitor

SPI programming for virtex7

Jump to solution
I have a query on SPI flash device density for indirect flash programing in Virtex 7. I am using vivado 15.4. the Minimum Configuration Flash Memory Size (Mb) required for 7V585T is 256Mb. 1. Can I still use MT25QU part with 512Gb density? 2. if I use MT25QU part with 512Gb density, to generate the .mcs file to program the flash, should the "-size" in the below tcl command be 32 or 64? write_cfgmem -format mcs -interface spix4 -size 32 -loadbit "up 0x0 test.bit" -file main.mcs 3. I have set the following in the constraint file. is this correct? set_property CFGBVS GND [current_design] set_property CONFIG_MODE SPIX4 [current_design] set_property BITSTREAM.CONFIG.SPI_32BIT_ADDR YES [current_design] set_property BITSTREAM.CONFIG.SPI_BUSWIDTH 4 [current_design] set_property BITSTREAM.CONFIG.SPI_FALL_EDGE YES [current_design] set_property BITSTREAM.CONFIG.SPI_CONFIGRATE 12 [current_design]
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SPI programming for virtex7

Jump to solution

Hi @kengie,

there is no 512Gb flash. it is 512Mb flash.

Yes you can use 512Mb flash. For 512Mb flash write_cfgmem  -format mcs -size 64 -interface SPIx4. you need to provide size as 64.

Regards,

Deepak D N

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please reply or Give Kudo or Mark it as an Accepted Solution.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: SPI programming for virtex7

Jump to solution

Guess that's a typo for 512Mb? Yes you can use a bigger flash.

Just remove the '-size' option when you call write_cfgmem, it's optional and the tool can take care of this.

The constraints added depend on the design/hw. No right or wrong here. Say, your board is designed to have SPIx1 interface but you select SPIx4 then we can tell 'it's wrong'.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @kengie,

there is no 512Gb flash. it is 512Mb flash.

Yes you can use 512Mb flash. For 512Mb flash write_cfgmem  -format mcs -size 64 -interface SPIx4. you need to provide size as 64.

Regards,

Deepak D N

Please reply or Give Kudo or Mark it as an Accepted Solution.

0 Kudos
Visitor kengie
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks for all the reply.

I faced problem with programming the flash.

ERROR: [Labtools 27-3144] Invalild option : Byte 5959 does not match (00 != 02)

ERROR: [Labtools 27-3191] Flash programming Unsuccessful!

the mismatch byte is not the same everytime.

if i program the flash without verify, i am able to program successfully. i did verify_hw_device after program without verify. it reports that the readback data matches the programmed. what is the issue with the configuration memory verification?

i understand that there are other users posting regarding similar issues. However, i still could not solve my problem.

Any help?

0 Kudos