UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor kengie
Visitor

SPI programming issue faced wth V7

I faced problem with programming the flash.

ERROR: [Labtools 27-3144] Invalild option : Byte 5959 does not match (00 != 02)

ERROR: [Labtools 27-3191] Flash programming Unsuccessful!

the mismatch byte is not the same everytime.

if i program the flash without verify, i am able to program successfully. i did verify_hw_device after program without verify. it reports that the readback data matches the programmed. what is the issue with the configuration memory verification?

i understand that there are other users posting regarding similar issues. However, i still could not solve my problem.

Any help?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SPI programming issue faced wth V7

Hello @kengie

Are you able to configure FPGA successfully with same setup?

Please provide Tool Version and SPI Flash details.

Regards,
Bhushan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor kengie
Visitor

i am using vivado 15.4, configuration memory is MT25QU512ABB8E12-0SIT and FPGA is virtex7 (7V585T).

i am able to download the bitstream into the FPGA device.

upon successful programming the configuration memory without verification, the FPGA is also able to boot up from configuration memory.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

If the boot up is smooth and as expected, image has been programmed into flash correctly. 

Saw similar issue; this may be a slight SI issue on the HW board. Verification does not show the correct result while reading back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @kengie

In this case try reducing cable speed it may help you.

Check UG908 (v2018.2) (Page 35~36) for more information.

Regards,
Bhushan

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos