UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Some questions about 7 series config

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

Some questions about 7 series config

hello xilinx:

i have some question in xc7k325t design:

1.what does 4:1 Memory Controllers mean in ds182?

2.can i remove DONE pin's resistance?

3.when config bank is 1.5v,vccadc_0 connect to 1.8v ,is there any problem?

4.in my design all bank is 1.5v,but only 1.8v~3.3v spi flash on market,can wo suggest a level  conversion ic to me?or some example design?

QQ截图20180613202707.pngQQ截图20180613203749.png

Accepted Solutions

Re: Some questions about 7 series config

@seu_baikal Ah ok. You are limited due to DDR3 being in the Bank. 

You can use a level translator for the Bank 14 signals since 1.5V is a supported Config voltage when CFGBVS is Tied to GND. 

We do not have a recommendation on any specific level translator. You can check them out from many vendors available based on if you plan to use 1.8V or 3.3V SPI. Some translators have a limitation of having a minimum voltage difference between "A" side and "B" side, so you may want to pay attention to that if you are using a 1.8V flash where the difference is only 300mV between the 2 sides. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

All Replies

@seu_baikal 

1. Please post this query on the Memory Interface forum for better response. 
  2. You can if you want to. Below from UG470 donepin_ug470.JPG
  3. VCCADC_0 should be 1.8V. Below from UG480vccadc_ug480.JPG
  4. Bank 0 is a Configuration Bank. Why not have it at 1.8V and rest at 1.5V? Any specific reason to have this Bank 0 at 1.5V if the flash you plan to use are available for 1.8V only?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visitor

thank you

for 4.

spi flash will connect to bank  14,but I also connect DDR3 to bank 14,that's 1.5V

i think config bank0's voltage should be as same as qsi_dq0~3 at bank14.

i can't find 1.5V spi flash on market,i can only find 1.8v or 3.3v spi.QQ截图20180613234603.pngQQ截图20180613234100.png

@seu_baikal Ah ok. You are limited due to DDR3 being in the Bank. 

You can use a level translator for the Bank 14 signals since 1.5V is a supported Config voltage when CFGBVS is Tied to GND. 

We do not have a recommendation on any specific level translator. You can check them out from many vendors available based on if you plan to use 1.8V or 3.3V SPI. Some translators have a limitation of having a minimum voltage difference between "A" side and "B" side, so you may want to pay attention to that if you are using a 1.8V flash where the difference is only 300mV between the 2 sides.