UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newbie balaj105in

Spartan-6 FPGA Configuration using Macronix SPI Flash

Hi,

We are designing a custom board using Xilinx Spartan 6 XC6SLX9-2CSG225 FPGA.

We are checking the SPI Flash part from Macronix MX25V4006EM1I-13G for usage with Xilinx Spartan 6 XC6SLX9-2CSG225 FPGA for configuration via SPI Flash.
Can we get confirmation whether the above selected part is compatible with the XC6SLX9-2CSG225 FPGA? We are planning to use the SPI flash part for FPGA configuration.

FYI, we have already gone through the list of supported SPI Flash components for Spartan-6 as shown in the below table & found most of the parts to be obsolete.

parts.png

Also, it would be great if it is possible to share with us list of supported SPI Flash parts if any for Spartan-6 FPGA configuration which are available for procurement at present.

I would appreciate a quicker response

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Spartan-6 FPGA Configuration using Macronix SPI Flash

balaj105in,

Even the Winbond and Spansion flashes are obsoleted? What about M25Q flashes? See AR68677 if going the M25Q route. In any case, Xilinx does not have official support for Macronix flashes. That is not to say that they cannot be used with Xilinx devices and IMPACT tools. It has been done, in fact, if I recall correctly Macronx had an application note on using iMPACT to program their flash devices. You may want to contact Macronix support for this if it is not available on their site already. 

regards,

T

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------