UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor lightphase
Visitor

Tandem-PCIe configuration for 4 - 5 Kintex-7 series FPGA with individual user logic ?

Hi, 

I'm using 4 - 5 Kintex-7 XC7K325T FPGAs in my design. The FPGAs will be using the Integrated Block for PCIe for communicating with an external processor. Since it is a requirement that the PCIe links must be up within 120ms after power-up, I'm considering using the Tandem-PCIe approach. 

As I understand the Tandem-PCIe uses 2 stages for configuration, first the PCIe functionality is configured from a memory device, then the rest of the user logic is downloaded using the PCIe link.

What I'm wondering is this:

can I configure 2 or more FPGAs using a single memory device for the 1.st stage of the Tandem-PCIe (configuring the PCIe links) and then for the 2. stage use the PCIe links in order download individual user data for each device? This would avoid having to use a individual configuration memory for each FPGA, since the FPGAs are going to provide different user functionality.

Is this approach viable, if not, then what other options do I have?

0 Kudos