UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Trouble programming XC9572 CPLDs with iMPACT tool

We seem to be having a lot of trouble programming Xilinx CPLDs with the iMpact software. The software does not want to recognize that the programmer is attached. Can you point me in the right direction to get this issue resolved?

I’m trying to run iMpact on its own.  This is on an existing product that has been shelved for a few years, but we are not making any code changes at this time.  I just trying to update procedures for production but I’m having issues just getting the tool working on my computer.  I do have the design Suite 14.7 installed.

I’m using the same programmer I used when I first worked on the project 5 or more years ago, the Platform Cable USB II.  I'm running Windows7 on my machine.  Could it be a driver issue?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Trouble programming XC9572 CPLDs with iMPACT tool

Did you have issues with the cable or the CPLD? Has iMPACT reported that the Cable connection is successfully established?

If yes, what iMPACT report for CPLD detection? Unknown device? Or some other thing?

You can post the iMPACT log here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry for the delay in responding.  

Yes, I’m still having issues connecting to the download cable (see message below).

iMpact.png

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

This could be a driver issue or hardware connection issue. 

Search for cable driver and you got tons of posts, try to follow one to reinstall the driver and see if it helps first.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos