UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor kikilinux
Visitor

USB-JTAG programming cable

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I have a NetFPGA-1G-CML board. when I connected FPGA by USB-JTAG programming cable, this cable became very hot. so I disconnected it very fast. Is damage my cable? What is the usual temperature of it when it is used?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: USB-JTAG programming cable

Jump to solution

Hi Kiki,

what cable are you using?

Is it possible you once connected it wrongly and created a shortcut? (half the pins of a normal connector are grounded...)

Best regards,

Dries

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if the information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented by clicking the star next to the post.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Kiki,

what cable are you using?

Is it possible you once connected it wrongly and created a shortcut? (half the pins of a normal connector are grounded...)

Best regards,

Dries

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if the information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented by clicking the star next to the post.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi,

if you have another FPGA board, you can check the cable is working fine or not.

hope you are using platform usb cable, if so you should see green colour light on the pod led.

--Krishna

0 Kudos
Visitor kikilinux
Visitor

Jump to solution

if my programmer damaged. it may my board damge also?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

What is the exact brand and type of your cable?

Thanks

Dries

0 Kudos