UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor ndnsoulja
Visitor

VCU118 - Indirect programming not working

Jump to solution

Hello, I can't load a build into my VCU118 since I set the CFG_AES_ONLY bit in my eFuse. Is there any other way to load the flash and not through FPGA?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: VCU118 - Indirect programming not working

Jump to solution

It means FPGA can only accept encrypted bit now, with the key you set early. No matter which config mode you are using.

Vivado loads a system bit ( you have no access to this) into fpga first and this bit's work is to program the flash with your MCS. Since this bit is not encrypted (of course!), it cannot be sent into fpga now, so Vivado cannot program your flash. Does that make sense?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Vivado needs to load a specific design/bit into fpga first and then use it to burn flash. Once you set the security bit, you can only load an encrypted bit with the key. So no, you cannot use Vivado to burn the flash any longer.

Now you can only use some off-line 3rd party programmer to burn the flash ( you need to take off the flash from board or use some flying wires to access it), and the image should be encrypted first with the key you set in eFUSE.

It's very improper to set this bit on a DEV board.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor ndnsoulja
Visitor

Jump to solution
" Once you set the security bit, you can only load an encrypted bit with the key. So no, you cannot use Vivado to burn the flash any longer. "

So does that mean I can only load encrypted bitstream to the flash via JTAG? OR does that mean the FPGA can only load from the flash but we won't allow the flash to be programmed via JTAG?
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

It means FPGA can only accept encrypted bit now, with the key you set early. No matter which config mode you are using.

Vivado loads a system bit ( you have no access to this) into fpga first and this bit's work is to program the flash with your MCS. Since this bit is not encrypted (of course!), it cannot be sent into fpga now, so Vivado cannot program your flash. Does that make sense?

0 Kudos
Visitor ndnsoulja
Visitor

Jump to solution
Yes, thank you for the clarification!
0 Kudos