UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor jamese
Visitor

Who do I rewrite the SPI configuration flash though the tandem boot PCIe port of a Virtex-7.

Jump to solution

I have a large PCIe board design that uses a Virtex-7 (XC7VX330TFFG1761-2) as the PCIe interface (using tandem boot),  I'd like to be able to rewrite the Virtex's SPI configuration flash by sending a new bit file from the PCIe interface to the SPI flash, but all the SPI pins are marked as prohibited in I/O planning.  How do I get around this problem and write to the flash from the PCIe interface.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I rewrite the SPI configuration flash though the tandem boot PCIe port of a Virtex-7.

Jump to solution

if you are using tandem prom configuration than you will not be able to access the configuration flash from logic as persist option is enabled. check the user guide page 172/173 from the link

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/pcie_7x/v3_3/pg054-7series-pcie.pdf

4 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Who do I rewrite the SPI configuration flash though the tandem boot PCIe port of a Virtex-7.

Jump to solution

Instantiate the Axi Quad SPI with the Option STARTUPE2. The pins (mostly CCLK, as the rest is a regular Bank) can be accessed through the STARTUPE2 primitive.

0 Kudos
Visitor jamese
Visitor

Re: How do I rewrite the SPI configuration flash though the tandem boot PCIe port of a Virtex-7.

Jump to solution

Do I need to disable the STARTUP primitive in the PCIe core to do this? What about the configuration Persist requirment of the Tandem PROM?  

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

if you are using tandem prom configuration than you will not be able to access the configuration flash from logic as persist option is enabled. check the user guide page 172/173 from the link

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/pcie_7x/v3_3/pg054-7series-pcie.pdf

Visitor jamese
Visitor

Jump to solution

That's what I was afraid of.  Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos