UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor aamir5253
Visitor

XIlinx platform cable windows 10 driver installation problem

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am trying to install xilinx platform cable driver on the xilinx website in windows 10 but it doesnot work. The Status LED turns yellow for about 10 secs after i install the driver and plug the board and turns off after 10 secs. I am seeing a exclamation mark on the driver of Xlinx in the hardware manager also but i tried reinstalling it multiple times according to the instructions of the read me but still no luck.

Please help in solving this issue asap.

Thanks,

Aamir Shabbir Hussain 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: XIlinx platform cable windows 10 driver installation problem

Jump to solution

sergey.svoysky@nasa.gov 

Windrvr doesn’t get installed with Windows 10 so log is correct. We can try to install the drivers again and see if anything changes. If some of the system works with windrvr6 then we can try to add that as well.

Steps to follow:-

• What happens when you open Vivado Hardware Manager and do "Open target" --> "Auto Connect"? --- Nothing works. Move to step 2.

• Go to device manager> Right click on “Platform USB ” in the device manager and click “Uninstall”.

daaaa.JPG

• When the uninstall dialog popped up then checked the box that says “Delete the driver software for this device.” And then click ok.

dsd.JPG

• Once driver uninstall completed please disconnect the programming cable. Launch a command prompt in administrator mode and navigated to "C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2017.x or 2018.x\data\xicom\cable_drivers\nt64\dlc10_win7". Once in this directory please run the following 4 commands:

wdreg -compat -inf %cd%\windrvr6.inf uninstall

wdreg -compat -inf %cd%\xusbdrvr.inf uninstall

wdreg -compat -inf %cd%\windrvr6.inf install

wdreg -compat -inf %cd%\xusbdrvr.inf install

• Now what happens when you open Vivado Hardware Manager and do "Open target" --> "Auto Connect"?

Thanks

Harshit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
9 Replies

Jump to solution

windows10 is not an officially supported OS for ISE 14.7 version

check the following forum link for workaround to install the cable drivers 

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/microcontrollers/guide-getting-xilinx-ise-to-work-with-windows-8-64-bit/

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @aamir5253

What version of Vivado are you using? Can you check in 2017.3 or latest 

You can use the below steps to reinstall the drivers.

- unplug the cable
- in Device Manager Jungo->WinDriver-> Uninstall device (with delete files option enabled)
- delete c:\windows\system32\drivers\windrvr6.sys
- run
C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2017.4\data\xicom\cable_drivers\nt64\install_drivers_wrapper.bat as admin

Once done, Plug the cable and power on the board. 

If you still see issue, send us the capture of the device driver version. 

Jump to solution

Hi Aamir,

Could you update if your issue is resolved or not?

if not can your provide your system Xinfo 

--Krishna

0 Kudos
Observer cahitugur
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have the same problem here. Installed cable driver during Vivado 2017.2 installation and also later as @gurupra suggested. The status LED is always OFF. The platform cable (DLC10) works with Win7. Below is the screen shot of the driver info.

Any idea???

Thanks

2018-04-20_13h36_41.png

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @cahitugur

Looks like you are on correct track as long as it's Vivado 2017.3 or latest , the driver version is as expected ensure you have connected an H/W board and then power Cycle the board, in the snippet that you have showed the right side firmware loader status should get changed to Something like Xilinx cable ( sorry I don't remember the exact label name).

Once this is done you should be able to use the cable normally. So please cross check.

Observer cahitugur
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi @gurupra,

OK, the problem is solved :)

I deleted the Jungo driver and the c:\windows\system32\drivers\windrvr6.sys file (this time confirmed to delete the driver software as well) and run the C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2017.4\data\xicom\cable_drivers\nt64\install_drivers_wrapper.bat file, the platform cable driver is updated. Now it is named Xilinx USB Cable and the status LED is orange. At the first sight there was an exclamation mark by the Jungo WinDriver and the HW targets on the JTAG chain were not detected. After a restart, it is all working fine.

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately I cannot mark it SOLVED, as I did not start this discussion :/

Best,

Cahit

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
In addition to the above, after following those steps, retry opening hardware manager and connecting to your device. The red Platform Cable USB II box should have an LED that lights up green indicating its connected!

Jump to solution

Hi. I have a Windows 10 machine. Previously I was using ISE 13.2. I installed Vivado 18.3 and 17.4 after which my download cable stopped working (no led light). After performing the procedure above using the bat file in Vivado 18.3 in the device manager I see Programming cables: Xilinx Platform Cable USB II Firmware Loader. But still no led light on cable driver. (The Jungo driver is not listed.) The log from running the bat file is below.  I appreciate and suggestions or debugging methods. Thanks.

INFO: InstallPath="c:\Xilinx\Vivado\2018.3\data\xicom\cable_drivers\nt64\"
windrvr6 is not installed (this is expected for Windows 10 and later)
INFO: Installing Windows 10 pcusb driver...
Microsoft PnP Utility

Processing inf :            xpcwinusb.inf
Driver package added successfully.
Published name :            oem69.inf

Total attempted:              1
Number successfully imported: 1

INFO: INF file c:\Xilinx\Vivado\2018.3\data\xicom\cable_drivers\nt64\dlc10_win10\xpcwinusb.inf was successfully installed for driver.
INFO: Running digilent installer...

<<<<< Digilent Adept Runtime Setup >>>>>
Installer version: 1.5.8 release: 2018/06/22
Digilent Software Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Digilent

Your system is up-to-date with the components of this installer.
INFO: Running SmartLynq installer...
INFO: SmartLynq installed successfully

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

sergey.svoysky@nasa.gov 

Windrvr doesn’t get installed with Windows 10 so log is correct. We can try to install the drivers again and see if anything changes. If some of the system works with windrvr6 then we can try to add that as well.

Steps to follow:-

• What happens when you open Vivado Hardware Manager and do "Open target" --> "Auto Connect"? --- Nothing works. Move to step 2.

• Go to device manager> Right click on “Platform USB ” in the device manager and click “Uninstall”.

daaaa.JPG

• When the uninstall dialog popped up then checked the box that says “Delete the driver software for this device.” And then click ok.

dsd.JPG

• Once driver uninstall completed please disconnect the programming cable. Launch a command prompt in administrator mode and navigated to "C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2017.x or 2018.x\data\xicom\cable_drivers\nt64\dlc10_win7". Once in this directory please run the following 4 commands:

wdreg -compat -inf %cd%\windrvr6.inf uninstall

wdreg -compat -inf %cd%\xusbdrvr.inf uninstall

wdreg -compat -inf %cd%\windrvr6.inf install

wdreg -compat -inf %cd%\xusbdrvr.inf install

• Now what happens when you open Vivado Hardware Manager and do "Open target" --> "Auto Connect"?

Thanks

Harshit

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.