UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Voyager
Voyager

read flash part with tcl command

Jump to solution

Hi, i see that Vivado read the flash part when i program it, is there a command i can use to retrieve the flash part and so i can able to program the correct file?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: read flash part with tcl command

Jump to solution

Hi @mrbietola

Well there is no direct command to read the Flash part, but if you just arbitrarily assign a Flash part and try to program, Vivado will Fail during IDCODE check for the flash if it doesn't match the part selected, so you can use the IDCODE  info to figure out what Flash is on board !

5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @mrbietola

Well there is no direct command to read the Flash part, but if you just arbitrarily assign a Flash part and try to program, Vivado will Fail during IDCODE check for the flash if it doesn't match the part selected, so you can use the IDCODE  info to figure out what Flash is on board !

Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution

thanks for the reply, i suspected that @gurupra.

Then i have to prepare all the object for flashing the part, try to program, intercept the wrong programming with "catch" then prepare all the objects again for the other flash part and program right?

i don't know how to extract the IDCODE as you suggest

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @mrbietola

Yes, Retrying with alternate flash part assignment until the programming passes might be an option.

The idcode i meant is the Flash id, Vivado will show like this when you program, if the ID it expected doesnt match it will stop at this stage indicating expected vs read ID.

program_hw_cfgmem -hw_cfgmem [get_property PROGRAM.HW_CFGMEM [lindex [get_hw_devices] 0 ]]
Mfg ID : c2 Memory Type : 25 Memory Capacity : 3a Device ID 1 : 0 Device ID 2 : 0
Performing Erase Operation...
Erase Operation successful.

Jump to solution

You can use the following command to see the flash part when hardware manager is running with flash attached to device.

Capture_1.JPG

TCL command:

report_property -all [get_property PROGRAM.HW_CFGMEM [current_hw_device] ]

Outcome:

Capture.JPG

Thanks,

Harshit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution

@harshit  with the command you mentioned i retrieve only the informations that I set in Vivado, not the actual flash part.

I tried to add a fake configuration memory ( a flash part that is not mounted on the board) and with your command it list the fake part, it doesn't check if it's correct.

So i think Vivado can't read the flash part unless you use the program_cfg command