UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

spartan 6 (xc6slx9 model) cable installation

Highlighted
Visitor

spartan 6 (xc6slx9 model) cable installation

Hi guys,

I have a spartan 6 (xc6slx9 model) and my problem is in cable installation stage.

When I run "install_xusb" (not as an admin!) then it works, but warns me that "the device is not plugged-in", then the installation continued... But my windows 7 still can't find or recognize the device , please guide me that when did I make mistakes?!

I'm new user and couldn't post in a new thread or create a new thread, then I explained my issue in this subject. I search the topics before and the result is not satisfactory then I decide to create a new post ... 

Excuse me before any thing

Re: spartan 6 (xc6slx9 model) cable installation

try the steps mentioned in the following AR

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/44397.html

Visitor

Hi there kkn, and thanks for your response.

It didn't work and in step 2 the command prompt said:

"'wdreg' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

Also doing step 3 says this response too.

I should say that I installed xilinx 13.2 (ISE tool) before and instal xilinx 14.7 Impact now and I think the problem may be in conflicting these versions because it didn't recognize "wdreg" installation ... Any way it's just an assumption ...

Any help will be acknowledged!

Thanks

can you run the command as administrator?

Visitor

Yeah, I ran the cmd as an admin now, but at first for installing "install_xusb" automatically, the command didn't proceed with admin access (I do not know the reason!), but after running normally I saw firstly that windows stopped working(!!) and I canceled that prompt but then ask me "do you want to install xilinx device?!" I clicked yes! then it wrote that installation completed! (or successfully!). But as I said at the first question the command warned me that the device is not plugged in!!

Now, when I try to do your opinion, I open the cmd as an ADMIN and in step 2 have some problems as I mentioned before in my last response.

Visitor

Can you tell me what can I do step by step ?!
because I guess I made some mistakes ...

Visitor

Yeah, dear kkn, we returned to the first step I think!!
When I told you that I trapped at "install_xusb" installation step, it means I read whole of this guidance.
Ok, now you can see step 5 in page 17 of your pdf file format, my problem is in "install_xusb" step, what can I do?
Should I remove my xilinx ISE software and setup it again or remove whole my windows 7 ?! Please solve it because I need implement my project on my board as much faster as I can ...

can you provide the Xilinx System Information (xinfo).  you can run the xinfo command in the command line

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/41265.html

if possible then re-install the windows7 OS and then go with the ISE/impact installation

Visitor

Dear kkn! Thanks for all your help!
But still I can't understand what xinfo commands do ...?!
Can you explain them in one sentence?