UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor mganders
Visitor

1/4 Rate DDS design technique

Jump to solution

Greetings,

I am trying to implement a decimated sine wave using a DDS in sysgen for a Virtex6. I am clocking the FPGA at 1/4 rate of the external DAC clock. (ie. FPGA=250MHz, DAC=1GHz). So for each FGPA clock (t) my 4 decimated sine wave outputs (n) need to be: t(0)=[n, n+1, n+2, n+3]; t(1)=[n+4, n+5, n+6, n+7]; etc.

Does anyone know of a clever technique for using a DDS to create a 1/4 rate decimated sine wave?

Thanks much,

Mike

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor mganders
Visitor

Re: 1/4 Rate DDS design technique

Jump to solution

Thank much for the reply. I ended up just creating a ROM and using captured data from the DSP sine wave block and a homespun commutator in Simulink.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Observer thomas1974
Observer

Jump to solution

This has recently been discussed in a german forum. Somebody wanted to create a 2GB DDS without the given chips, or instead needed a digital output.

It was somewhere here, but I could not find it at the moment.

http://www.mikrocontroller.net/forum/fpga-vhdl-cpld

Well in fact you need 4 parallel DDS units operating at their full speed. If you are also smoothing and filtering the waves, this will also have to be done in parallel then.

At that point of time I too searched for something like that but did fail.

I really regret too, that the known chips of AD like 9912 do not have a digital output, because then you might get this function with 2GHz speed for some $ only.

0 Kudos
Visitor mganders
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank much for the reply. I ended up just creating a ROM and using captured data from the DSP sine wave block and a homespun commutator in Simulink.

0 Kudos
Observer thomas1974
Observer

Jump to solution

How do you manage interpolation and / or filtering?

0 Kudos
Observer thomas1974
Observer

Jump to solution

nothing about that?

0 Kudos