UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Gateway block diagram missing from S-Function

Reply
Highlighted
Visitor
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎08-30-2016

Gateway block diagram missing from S-Function

I'm relatively new to SysGen. When I restart my computer, none of my previously working SysGen models are working in Simulink, with the following error:
Error, a block diagram was specified in S-function 'sysgen2017b/ExMod/Gateway Out'. Please make sure your S-function name is not a Simulink model or the name of the current model. You can use the Matlab command 'which -all sfunction_name' to locate all occurrences of model files with the name sfunction_name
It appears that the linkages from the Xilinx toolbox and Simulink is breaking. I'm starting MATLAB via the Xilinx System Generator Icon. I'm using Vivado/System Generator 2018.1 (purchased license), MATLAB r2017b, on Win10. I created a trivial model with a Xilinx LFSR, Gateway out port and a simulink display and I get the same behavior. Has anyone else seen this?
Moderator
Posts: 237
Registered: ‎08-01-2007

Re: Gateway block diagram missing from S-Function

Are you launching SysGen 2018.1 directly or launching Matlab instead?

Visitor
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎08-30-2016

Re: Gateway block diagram missing from S-Function

Initially I got trigger happy and installed MATLAB 2018a to go along with Vivado 2018.1, but after looking further, it appears that the latest version of Vivado is only compatible up to MATLAB 2017b, so I went back to the older MATLAB and started having this issue. It looks like the issue was there was a saved simulink model in the same folder from MATLAB 2018a while I was using MATLAB 2017b. Not sure why that would be an issue, but it's probably a MATLAB sensitivity to trying to evaluate every file in the working directory. In any case, if I was in another working directory, everything would work, but this directory was problematic. I narrowed it down to the presence of this other .slx from 2018a in the working directory, and when I moved the offending file, everything worked again in 2017b. Thanks nathanx for responding to help!