UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant abitofmaya
Participant

Incorrect IFFT output

Jump to solution

I am trying to implement IFFT after FFT. The FFT output in simulation is correct. I then tried to do an IFFT of the output which is incorrect. Both the FFT and IFFT is cnfigured for unscaled output  in natural order. It is just an 8 point computation. Can anyone tell what I may be missing?

2019-01-14 20_16_01-.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Participant abitofmaya
Participant

Re: Incorrect IFFT output

Jump to solution

I have finally found the solution. The output of the FFT must be scaled by a factor of 1/N before it is applied to the input of the IFFT. This can be done either by setting the scaling schedule or by shifting the output of the FFT if unscaled option is used.

3 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

@abitofmaya,

I'm sorry but ... I can't read your FFT trace to see or know what's going on.

Therefore, just guessing, I'm wondering if the trace isn't long enough.  The delay necessary through the IFFT should be roughly the same as the necessary delay though the FFT in the first place.

Dan

0 Kudos
Participant abitofmaya
Participant

Jump to solution

@dgisselq,
Since the FFT output was correct, I removed that part and I used the FFT output as input to the IFFT part. Anyway, I have attached both the FFT and IFFT simulation screenshots below. It seems like it again computes FFT and provides output in bit/digit reversed order.

2019-01-15 10_51_35-Wave.png
2019-01-15 10_51_53-Wave.png
0 Kudos
Participant abitofmaya
Participant

Jump to solution

I have finally found the solution. The output of the FFT must be scaled by a factor of 1/N before it is applied to the input of the IFFT. This can be done either by setting the scaling schedule or by shifting the output of the FFT if unscaled option is used.