UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor anaub408
Visitor

ModelComposer MaskDialog Error

Hello,

I am using Matlab2018b and Model Composer 2018.3 on a Ubuntu machine.
When I'm trying to change my project device in the Model Composer Hub I am getting an Error Window with following:

Error evaluating 'MaskDialog' callback of Implementation block (mask) 'xmc_sobel_edge_detection/Model Composer Hub'. Callback string is 'xmcHubDeviceButtonPressed(gcbh);'

Reference to non-existent field 'ProductCategory'.

Is there any known bug in this release? Or is there an other way to change my device?

Thank You.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Re: ModelComposer MaskDialog Error

The Matlab 2018b is not supported by Model composer 2018.3. 

Please try with Matlab 2018a. 

0 Kudos
Visitor anaub408
Visitor

sorry, typing error, my mistake.

It is 2018a

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Could you please confirm that you're using Model Composer 2018.3 with MATLAB R2018a on Ubuntu ?

Are you able to simulate or generate code from examples without any issue ? Is the problem only when you try to change the device using the Model Composer Hub block ?

0 Kudos
Visitor anaub408
Visitor

Yes, I am using Matlab 2018a with Model Composer 2018.3 on Ubuntu 16.04
- MATLAB Version: 9.4.0.949201 (R2018a) Update 6
- Model Composer v2018.3 Build 2405991 on Thu Dec 6 23:41:51 MST 2018

And yes again, the problem only occurs when I'm trying to change the device with the GUI in the Hub block. When trying to change the device, the error window and the new window containing the lists of the parts / boards opens but I'm not able to select one or apply my changes.
When opening the saved model with an editor, I can change the device "manually" by editing the line in the model code. And then simulate or generate code for the correct device without any other errors occuring.

So it seems to be just an error inside the GUI.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Greetings, 

We have been trying to re-produce the issue at Xilinx, but we have not been able to. I see your error message referes to a "product category" field missing. Can you let us know if you see a Product Category column in the device list that opens up?

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Visitor anaub408
Visitor

Hello,

thanks for your help fixing this little issue.
The titles of the columns are in the first line and not where they may belong to.

grafik.png

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Thank you very much for the input. We will continue to look into this and try to reproduce it. In the process, we may need your help. Meanwhile, looks like you have a work around and are not blocked by this issue. We appreacite any other input you may have as you are using the tool. 

0 Kudos