UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Supporting decimation changes on-the-fly

Hi All,

It seems the System Generator FIR Compiler blocks do not provide for a reloadable decimation (or interpolation) factor, is that correct?  My application requires that I be able to change the decimation on the fly (and the decimation is not necessarily a power of two).  I see these as options:

1) Implement N FIR filter blocks, each with its own sample rate change;

2) Use the FIR in single rate mode, followed by N DownSample blocks (each with a unique downsample factor) in parallel;

3) Use the FIR in single rate mode, followed by an MCode block that can downsample by a programmable factor;

4) Use a CIC filter (which does support programmable sample rate changes) in combination with a FIR.

Has anyone had to deal with this problem?  Is one of the above “solutions” better than the others?  Is there some alternative anyone can suggest?

Thanks,

L M C
0 Kudos