UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Viterbi Decoder 7.0 Issue: No Output SysGen

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm having a hard time with the Viterbi Decoder 7.0 Block. No matter what configuration parameters i set, the outputs are allways NaN.

A hard test would be to configure it in Serial mode, set some 3b data at data_in0 and data_in1 ports and push nd input to '1' for a clock cycle. RFD output should be '0' at this time and '1' before, according to page 26 of the block datasheet. But it is allways NaN! Please see my WaveScope in attach.

I have the System Generator License (not specific to any block though), however i have been able to use other green blocks such as the DeInterleaver.

What can i possibly be missing?

Best,

JM

ViterbiDecISSUE.bmp
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Viterbi Decoder 7.0 Issue: No Output SysGen

Jump to solution

You will need a license for the Viterbi Decoder, which is separate from the license for SysGen.

@jmonteiro-dme wrote:

Hi,

I'm having a hard time with the Viterbi Decoder 7.0 Block. No matter what configuration parameters i set, the outputs are allways NaN.

A hard test would be to configure it in Serial mode, set some 3b data at data_in0 and data_in1 ports and push nd input to '1' for a clock cycle. RFD output should be '0' at this time and '1' before, according to page 26 of the block datasheet. But it is allways NaN! Please see my WaveScope in attach.

I have the System Generator License (not specific to any block though), however i have been able to use other green blocks such as the DeInterleaver.

Best,

JM

Cheers,
Jim
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

You will need a license for the Viterbi Decoder, which is separate from the license for SysGen.

@jmonteiro-dme wrote:

Hi,

Best,

JM

Cheers,
Jim
0 Kudos
Visitor priyanshi
Visitor

Jump to solution

How can I add licenses , if I am using Xilinx 10.1??

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

You can install license with ISE . Sysgen will detect license for license manager

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos