UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor vyg
Visitor

hwcosim error on spartan-3e starter kit

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm trying to design an audio spectrum analyzer using sysgen.  The model acquires data from the microphone at 16k sampling rate and displays the power spectrum in the simulink environment. It successfully simulates in simulink but when it comes to generating hwcosim model on s3e starter kit, I get errors reported by the xn_re and xn_im inputs of the FFT v7.1 block. 

I add a snapshot from my design here. Any advise or comment please?

(I can tell provide more detail if necessary)

thanks.

snapshot.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor burakdursun
Visitor

Re: hwcosim error on spartan-3e starter kit

Jump to solution

Finally I could solve the problem...

Dear vyg,

I realized from you error message that your name is Veli Yakingonul which is a Turkish name and I am also Turkish. So I guessed that our problem is a regional problem which was true. I changed the regional settings of windows from Turkey to USA and know everything is working as it is required...

I hope this bug will be fixed soon.

Tags (1)
15 Replies
Visitor vyg
Visitor

Jump to solution

13.jpg

0 Kudos
Teacher rcingham
Teacher

Jump to solution
Did you look in either 'coregen.log' file?

------------------------------------------
"If it don't work in simulation, it won't work on the board."
0 Kudos
Visitor vyg
Visitor

Jump to solution

here is the content of coregen.log file. I dont understand what is wrong with FFT v7.1. This error only occurs when this block is included. There is no problem when running simulink simulation. If you could suggest anything, that would be great... thanks

-----------------

CoreGen has not been configured with any user repositories.CoreGen has been configured with the following Xilinx repositories: - 'c:\xilinx\13.1\ise_ds\ise\coregen\' []INFO:encore:314 - Created non-GUI application for batch mode execution.INFO:sim:927 - Generating component instance 'xfft_v7_1_19ad1e01cca4af59' of   'xilinx.com:ip:xfft:7.1' from   'c:\xilinx\13.1\ise_ds\ise\coregen\ip\xilinx\dsp\com\xilinx\ip\xfft_v7_1\comp   onent.xml'.Executing Tcl generator...INFO:sim - Resolving generics for 'xfft_v7_1_19ad1e01cca4af59'...WARNING:sim - VHDL simulation file type 'Behavioral' is not valid for this core.   Overriding with simulation file type 'Structural'.INFO:sim - Applying external generics to 'xfft_v7_1_19ad1e01cca4af59'...Finished executing Tcl generator.Executing Tcl generator...INFO:sim - Delivering associated files for 'xfft_v7_1_19ad1e01cca4af59'...Finished executing Tcl generator.Executing Tcl generator...WARNING:sim - VHDL simulation file type 'Behavioral' is not valid for this core.   Overriding with simulation file type 'Structural'.INFO:sim - Generating implementation netlist for 'xfft_v7_1_19ad1e01cca4af59'...INFO:sim - Pre-processing HDL files for 'xfft_v7_1_19ad1e01cca4af59'...Finished executing Tcl generator.Executing Tcl generator...Finished executing Tcl generator.Executing Tcl generator...Finished executing Tcl generator.Executing Tcl generator...INFO:sim - Writing instantiation template for 'xfft_v7_1_19ad1e01cca4af59'...WARNING:sim - VHDL simulation file type 'Behavioral' is not valid for this core.   Overriding with simulation file type 'Structural'.ERROR:sim - Failed to deliver VHO instantiation template   'C:/Users/Veli_Yanikgonul/AppData/Local/Temp/sysgentmp-Veli_Yanikgonul/cg_wk/   ca1f25b46cdfc9571/tmp/_cg/xfft_v7_1_19ad1e01cca4af59.vho'ERROR:sim - Failed executing Tcl generator.ERROR:sim - Failed to generate 'xfft_v7_1_19ad1e01cca4af59'.  Failed executing   Tcl generator.
ERROR:sim:877 - Error found during execution of IP 'Fast Fourier Transform v7.1'

----------------

0 Kudos
Teacher rcingham
Teacher

Jump to solution

From the warining messages, something to try is to change the simulation model type in the Project Settings to 'Structural'. Although the S/W is trying to do that for you, there may be some bug related to that.

Probably should delete any old output files relating to the previous attempt first, though.

0 Kudos
Visitor vyg
Visitor

Jump to solution

Since I am not using coregen directly, I cannot figure out how to make thgat setting when using system generator.  Could you tell me how?

thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
Teacher rcingham
Teacher

Jump to solution
I have never used System Generator, so can't advise you.

0 Kudos
Visitor vyg
Visitor

Jump to solution

thank you rcingham for your replies.

maybe someone else could help me!  :)

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Which version of SysGen and which version of Matlab are you using? What's the OS? Can you attach the model?

Cheers,
Jim
0 Kudos
Visitor vyg
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi Jim,

I am using SysGen v13.1 and Matlab R2010a on Windows 7 32-bit OS. I also attached the model. 

thanks,

Veli

0 Kudos
Visitor vyg
Visitor

Jump to solution

any comment please???

0 Kudos
Visitor vyg
Visitor

Jump to solution

:(

0 Kudos
Visitor burakdursun
Visitor

Jump to solution

Same problem while using DDS Compiler 4.0
Spartan-3E Starter Kit

ISE 13.3 with MATLAB R2011b

0 Kudos
Visitor burakdursun
Visitor

Jump to solution

As an alternative solution I planed to use VHDL code of DDS with Black Box block for FIL by System Generator. So I tried to generate the VHDL code for DDS by CORE Generator first by adding the IP source to a project and later tried directly from CORE Generator but still same error.

What is the problem with VHDL Template Files or wrapper file???

Project ERROR=>

ERROR:sim - Failed to deliver VHO instantiation template
   'D:/School/tez/RF-DSP/Research/Implementation/x06/x06vhd/ipcore_dir/tmp/_cg/d
   ds.vho'
ERROR:sim - Failed executing Tcl generator.
ERROR:sim - Failed to generate 'dds'.  Failed executing Tcl generator.

CORE Generator ERROR=>

Welcome to Xilinx CORE Generator.

Help system initialized.

CoreGen has not been configured with any user repositories.

CoreGen has been configured with the following Xilinx repositories:

- 'C:\Xilinx\13.3\ISE_DS\ISE\coregen\' [using existing xil_index.xml]

The IP Catalog has been reloaded.

Wrote CGP file for project 'dds'.

Customize and Generate

INFO:sim - Generating component instance 'dds_compiler_v4_0' of 'xilinx.com:ip:dds_compiler:4.0' from 'C:\Xilinx\13.3\ISE_DS\ISE\coregen\.\ip\xilinx\dsp\com\xilinx\ip\dds_compiler_v4_0\component.xml'.

Applying current project options...

Finished applying current project options.

Resolving generics for 'dds_compiler_v4_0'...

Applying external generics to 'dds_compiler_v4_0'...

Delivering associated files for 'dds_compiler_v4_0'...

Generating implementation netlist for 'dds_compiler_v4_0'...

INFO:sim - Pre-processing HDL files for 'dds_compiler_v4_0'...

Running synthesis for 'dds_compiler_v4_0'

Running ngcbuild...

Writing instantiation template for 'dds_compiler_v4_0'...

ERROR:sim - Failed to deliver VHO instantiation template 'D:/School/tez/RF-DSP/Research/Implementation/x06/x06core/tmp/_cg/dds_compiler_v4_0.vho'

0 Kudos
Visitor burakdursun
Visitor

Jump to solution

Because of

I checked following case

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/40736.htm

"Create Netlist Wrapper with IO pads" option was not selected but also tried for debug mode CORE Generator which also not worked...

0 Kudos
Visitor burakdursun
Visitor

Jump to solution

Finally I could solve the problem...

Dear vyg,

I realized from you error message that your name is Veli Yakingonul which is a Turkish name and I am also Turkish. So I guessed that our problem is a regional problem which was true. I changed the regional settings of windows from Turkey to USA and know everything is working as it is required...

I hope this bug will be fixed soon.

Tags (1)