UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Contents of Config data to reload FIR coefficients

Highlighted
Explorer

Contents of Config data to reload FIR coefficients

Hi all,

Using the FIR compiler 7.2 in sysgen and having a problem understanding how to reload coefficients. searched the forum hard, but not really clear from the threads I see.

My filter is a 2-channel simple design for handling both I/Q. I've got it working with a single set of coefficients, and have the right channel IDs for both channels sent properly that the wrong ID output flag on the filter stays low. Looking at Xilinx's PG149 pg. 16-17, I can't understand what's actually supposed to be in the CONFIG channel's data.

Questions:

1. If I want to apply the same coefficients to both channels simply, does this mean that there's a packet length of 1 word for the CONFIG packet? Or do I have to send a packet of length 2 words, one for each channel? The options for this are greyed out to "Vector" and "Single" in sysgen.

2. Is having both channels use the same coefficients called Number of Patterns (NUM_PATTERN)? Is it 1 in my case?

3. The config_tdata width in sysgen is 8-bit, but pg. 17 of PG149 says there are two fields in the tdata bus. Shouldn't this mean that config_tdata would need to be 16-bit?

Thanks!!!

Explorer

Re: Contents of Config data to reload FIR coefficients

By all the posts here it would seem that lots of people use reloadable coefficients... No one can help answer?

Explorer

Re: Contents of Config data to reload FIR coefficients

So no one in 2017 is using reloadable coefficients in sysgen???? Is this dead?

If anyone has an idea of how I could restate the question, I'm all ears..