UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

SDI rx initialization problem with Artix xapp1097 simulation using Vivado 2016.4

Highlighted
Visitor

SDI rx initialization problem with Artix xapp1097 simulation using Vivado 2016.4

I am running a behavioral simulation of an SDI RX using the guidelines and files from XAPP1097 (v1.0.1) using Vivado 2016.4. I'm using dru_sim.v for the simulation and supplying a 50 MHz free running clock for the SDI and DRP clock (FXDCLK_FREQ = 50000000 and DRPCLK_PERIOD = 20) and supplying a 148.5 MHz ref clk. I've run the simulation for 10ms and rx_fabric_reset_out = 1 and rx_mode_locked = 0. When I look at the  a7gtp_sdi_wrapper_gtrxreset_seq module I see the state machine stuck at state wait_pmareset waiting for a falling edge on RXPMARESETDONE. Module inputs RXPMARESETDONE stays high and GTRXRESET_IN stays low. The sequence of events are as follows:

1. RXPMARESETDONE goes low to high at 180 NS.

2. GTRXRESET_IN goes low to high at 540 NS.

3. RXPMARESETDONE goes low at 621 NS.

4. DRPRDY has two positive pulses.

5. GTRXRESET_IN goes low at 1760 NS.

6. RXPMARESETDONE has a 20 PS positive glitch at 2020 NS  (may not be consequential. This does not generate an input to the state machine).

7. RXPMARESETDONE goes high at 2180 NS. The state machine is stuck at state wait_pmareset waiting for a falling edge of RXPMARESETDONE which never occurs.

8. Inputs remain static to the a7gtp_sdi_wrapper_gtrxreset_seq.v module and its output DRP_OP_DONE stays low which appears to prevent initialization from proceeding.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Xilinx Employee

Re: SDI rx initialization problem with Artix xapp1097 simulation using Vivado 2016.4

Hi @rileywoodson,

Are you using the version 1.01 of the xapp1097? Refer to AR#60303

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Florent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark an answer "Accept as solution" if a post has the solution to your issue.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visitor

Re: SDI rx initialization problem with Artix xapp1097 simulation using Vivado 2016.4

Yes. I'm also using dru_sim.v. I'll try simulating the ac701_sdi_demo provided in XAPP1097 and see if I get a different result.