UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Sysgen simulation limitations

Highlighted
Visitor

Sysgen simulation limitations

Hello all,

I am trying to simulate an architecture that contains 128 identical blocks that should operate in parallel.

if I have 80 of these blocks, sysgen simulates them with no problem but if I add more of them to the

previous model, during the initialization step I get this error:

MCodeCache::read_result: cannot open result file C:/Users/RMOHAM~1/AppData/Local/Temp/sysgentmp-rmohammadnia/.xlmcode_work/xlConvert/de9c/200000/4110a868/0de3db3b752cb57e10523661a3cdef30/result
The number of inports from BlockDescriptor (1 in + 0 ce) does not match that of MCode (-1).
The inports from BlockDescriptor are: din.
The number of outports from BlockDescriptor (1) does not match that of MCode (-1).
The outports from BlockDescriptor are: dout.
Error occurred during "Simulation Initialization".

The reporting block is quite random and it changes on different runs but the message is the same.

Any comment would be helpful.

Thanks

Reza 

Re: Sysgen simulation limitations

Hi

Can you check the Mcode rules,mainly the Mcode should be in the same directory of the block or the install path but the error looks to be pointing to a temporary location.

Also try clearing the cache and see if it helps.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
Visitor

Hi Satish,

Thanks for your reply.

There is no Mcode in this model. The error is reported by a standard sysgen block and as I said that block changes in different runs. I mean, once the error points to a concat block and in a another run the error points to an adder and so on. I have also cleared the sysgen cache but did not help. I am still getting the same error.

Any thoughts?

Visitor

I can give you the entire sysgen model if you want.

Cheers,

Reza