UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Viterbi Decoder IP connection

Highlighted
Visitor

Viterbi Decoder IP connection

Hi everyone,

I am pretty new at FPGA design so I am sorry if I'm asking a rather silly question. I've been playing around in Vivado and I wanted to incorporate the Xilinx Viterbi Decoder IP core into my ZedBoard basic design. But I'm not quite sure how. Should I create a port directly that would be input and output of the decoder? If that is so, I have no use of the other cores in the base design? And I am confused about DSTAT input and output interface, how to connect it. Thank you in advance for help!

Re: Viterbi Decoder IP connection

You required to create custom IP interface for Viterbi decoder for Zedboard .

Here is steps which you can follow and implement with Viterbi core
https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/zedboard-creating-custom-ip-cores/start
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
Visitor

Re: Viterbi Decoder IP connection

Hi,

thank you for your help. I've tried packaging my own IP and Vivado didn't offer me to run block automation when I added it in my new block design. I've also tried it with Xilinx Viterbi evaluation IP core and still nothing. The problem is I don't know what IPs I need to add to my block design to make it work. I have this only, shown in picture.

Kind regards and thank you once again,

Nives

viterbi_dec.png