UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

problems with HDL Co-Simulation!!!!

Observer

problems with HDL Co-Simulation!!!!

Hi:

everyone!

There is a blackbox in my SystemGenerator model,and I think I have done the right setting of the blackbox block ,cause if I chose ISE simulator as the simulation mode, the whole simulation  was OK. However,when I chose  ModelSim as the simulator, there will be some errors listed as follows:

An internal error occurred in the Xilinx Blockset Library.(reported by SystemGenerator)

(imformation listed as follows in Transcript Window when ModelSim was compliling)

# Model Technology ModelSim SE vcom 6.3c Compiler 2007.09 Sep 11 2007
# -- Loading package standard
# -- Loading package std_logic_1164
# -- Loading package numeric_std
# -- Compiling package conv_pkg
# -- Compiling package body conv_pkg
# -- Loading package conv_pkg
# -- Compiling package clock_pkg
# ** Error: ofdm_txrx_mimo_coded_cosim.vhd(1410): Library unisim not found.
# ** Error: ofdm_txrx_mimo_coded_cosim.vhd(1411): (vcom-1136) Unknown identifier "unisim".
# -- Loading package conv_pkg
# ** Error: ofdm_txrx_mimo_coded_cosim.vhd(1416): VHDL Compiler exiting
# ** Error: f:/Modeltech_6.3c/win32/vcom failed.
# Executing ONERROR command at macro ./ofdm_txrx_mimo_coded_cosim_cw.tcl line 141

The question is that why ModelSim would compile the VHDLmodules while my module included by blackbox is a verilog module? I mean the HDL file format in the directory is #.v not #.vhd, the ModelSim should do the verilog compiling .

Version : ModelSim 6.3c ,Matlab 2008a ,ISE 10.1,SystemGenerator 10.1

I had complied the library  unsim and xilinxcore to ModelSim, and it was OK when I did simulation using ModelSim in other project.

Please help!!

Xilinx Employee

Re: problems with HDL Co-Simulation!!!!

You probably don't have the unisim models mapped in ModelSim. First, check your modelsim.ini to see if the following mappings are defined properly under the library section.

[Library]

unisim = <somewhere>/unisim
unisims_ver = <somewhere>/unisims_ver
simprim = <somewhere>/simprim
simprims_ver = <somewhere>/simprims_ver
xilinxcorelib = <somewhere>/xilinxcorelib
xilinxcorelib_ver = <somewhere>/xilinxcorelib_ver

If not, you can use "compxlib" or "compxlibgui" provided by ISE to compile the unisim/simprim/xilinxcorelib libraries for ModelSim.

This answer record provides further details: http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/15338.htm

Observer

Hi;

benchan, you  have helped twice, I just want to  say -Thank you!

Following your instruction , I figured the problem out.

But ,I still can't understand that why the ModelSim would need  "Library unisim",I didn't compile this library before ,cause I chose verilog as HDL,so I compiled unisim_ver instead. "Unisim" is VHDL's library ,right?

Xilinx Employee

The System Generator BlackBox creates a wrapper in VHDL (regardless of the type of HDL that you import into the BlackBox) when doing HDL co-simulation with ModelSim. That's why you will see ofdm_txrx_mimo_coded_cosim.vhd in the ModelSim log. And it seems like ofdm_txrx_mimo_coded_cosim.vhd refers to unisim, so unisim VHDL library mapping is required.

# ** Error: ofdm_txrx_mimo_coded_cosim.vhd(1410): Library unisim not found.
# ** Error: ofdm_txrx_mimo_coded_cosim.vhd(1411): (vcom-1136) Unknown identifier "unisim".

Observer

Thank you again !  benchan.

I think  Xilinx should hire you as an employee  !