UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant itwa-ost
Participant

DPU integration tutorial

Jump to solution

Hi everybody,

I am trying to adjust the ZCU102 TRD for a custom board. I have built the block design in Vivado and exported the .hdf file with the DPU IP v1.3.0 in it. Now I have built a Petalinux project with the template flow and found a cached version of a DPU integration tutorial from Xilinx, where I'm stuck on the following points:

1) add a recipe for OpenCV v3.1 as this is the version needed by the DPU

-> I have modified the .bbappend in $PETALINUX/components/yocto/source/aarch64/layers/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-support/opencv and changed the preferred version to install from 3.3 to 3.1. Is this how you're supposed to do it?

2)  Add a bbappend for the protobuf package to change the branch that its source is pulled from. This is needed due to the OpenCV v3.1 change.

-> don't really know how to do that as I don't know which version of protobuf is needed for opencv3.1; the default bbappend for protobuf is version 3.4.1

3) Add a bbappend to modify the LINUX_VERSION_EXTENSION of the kernel. This is needed to make the pre-built dpu kernel module (dpu.ko) "version magic" match the kernel that we build.

4) As far as I understand I also need to add dpu.ko, libdputils.so, libn2cube.so to the root file system. However, I could only find those files specifically for the supported reference boards. The documentation of the DPU IP mentions that it should be available for all Zynq 7000 and Zynq MPSoC devices.

5) I also need add the dnndk to the recipes.

-> I added IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " dnndk" to my petalinux-image.bbappend. However, I don't know how to add the source for this package to Petalinux to find this package.

So any help with any of these things would be very much appreciated. Or maybe an update can be given as to when the updated DPU Integration tutorial will go online again. I have zero experience with Petalinux, so coming up with a solution to any of these is quite challenging and google isn't helping that much.

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: DPU integration tutorial

Jump to solution
Just released! Let me know if you run into any issues accessing the tutorial or design files.
https://github.com/Xilinx/Edge-AI-Platform-Tutorials/tree/master/docs/DPU-Integration
13 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

The udpated tutorial and all of the files needed to complete the flow should be avaiable in the next week. I would recommend waiting until it is avaiable so you can see the implementation details of all of the steps mentioned below. 

Once it's available, I'll post an update on the forum. 

Regards, 

Terry

0 Kudos
Participant itwa-ost
Participant

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update!

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

April 22 is the targeted release date. 

Terry

0 Kudos
Observer jinhua
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I have the same problem.

The errro is " nothing provides libopencv_core.so.3.1()(64bit) needed by dnndk-1.0-r0.ultra96_zynqmp".

I wonder if you could help me check it out.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Observer kjgreenwood
Observer

Jump to solution

Is there any new information about the release date? Is it still targeted for today?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Just released! Let me know if you run into any issues accessing the tutorial or design files.
https://github.com/Xilinx/Edge-AI-Platform-Tutorials/tree/master/docs/DPU-Integration
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Thanks @terryo  for your announcement

The tutorial seems to be available for zedboard or pynq if dnndk-lib packages is used at   https://github.com/hirayaku/DAC2018-TGIIF/tree/master/prerequisites/dnndk-lib/pkgs

The pacakges seem to be too old to compatible with dpu ip

0 Kudos
Observer jinhua
Observer

Jump to solution

Thanks @terryo .

Fllow this tutorials , I don't konw how to create "sdk_workspace/resnet50/Debug/resnet50.elf".

Could you help me to solve this ?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Well, it looks like a section of the tutorial went missing when it was published. There is an entire sectino on building the applications in Xilinx SDK.  I have someone looking into it, hope to have it fixed today. 

Terry

0 Kudos
Observer jinhua
Observer

Jump to solution

Thank you very much, @terryo .

0 Kudos
Visitor pauldirac
Visitor

Jump to solution

any news on this ? SDK section still seems missing

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

The missing section has been added. Sorry for the confusion. 

Terry

0 Kudos
Visitor pauldirac
Visitor

Jump to solution

Yes, I can see it now. Bye Terry

0 Kudos