UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor anbaz
Visitor

Deephi DNNDK & other ML software on Ultra96 platform

During the recent XDF I was given to understand that these software tools will soon be available on Ultra96-Ultrascale+ platform.

Are they available now?

Is there any way to port these compilations etc to any Ultrascale+ device other than in DP8020 and your own boards?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Deephi DNNDK & other ML software on Ultra96 platform

@anbaz, DNNDK with Ultra96 support will be availabe in Mid Nov.

The DNNDK v2.07 just released supports ZCU102 and ZCU104.

Please let us know if you want to port it to any other ZU+ board.

0 Kudos
Visitor anbaz
Visitor

Thanks..

I have this board and plan to use this as a base platform for many of my Machine Learning applications instead of my current NVidia embedded GPU solution...so I'm eagerly awaiting the release...
0 Kudos
Visitor anbaz
Visitor

It will be great if these ML libraries are available as part of a suite of IPs which one could selectively use to target applicable devices wherever possible..

for example some computation oriented IPs may be implemented on a Spartan or similar device and others which may require a host (such as Softmax libraries) may be implemented on the ARM core either on the device or externally..

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

@anbazWith the release of 2018.3, it is anticipated that the DPU IP will be integrated into the Vivado environment.  At that time, users will be able to target the IP to custom designs and platforms, predicated on the use of the Zynq and ZU+ device families.

I would recommend that you escalate any significant use case for devices which do not include a processor (ie Artix-7 or Spartan-7) through your local FAE.  There are some potential solutions which can be leveraged, depending on your use case.  Otherwise, our recommendation would be to leverage the unique capabilities of Zynq / ZU+ devices for designs requiring ML inference, and leveraging the Xilinx DPU and DNDK.

--Quenton

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Where to download the DPU image of Ultra96? Hope it has been release somewhere.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@anbazWe have released DNNDK v2.08 with Ultra96 board image in Deephi website. Can you try it? 

0 Kudos