UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Disabling the fan with the Deephi DNNDK boot image

We have an Ultra96 board that we plan to put into power-off suspend mode for a low power application. Though we believe that the power-off suspend is probably working, the fan on the board seems to be constantly on. We have a heat sink so we think we can get away with passive cooling only. When I researched into controlling the fan, I found that the PL IO pin F4 sends the pulse width modulated signal to control the fan's intensity, and that using Vivado it is possible to adjust the pin assignments to simply turn the fan off, provided that I have access to the project files.

However, I don't know what I can do when the only thing I have access to is Deephi's DNNDK boot image (running Debian 9). I haven't been able to find a way to control the fan within Linux, as F4 doesn't seem to be an MIO pin. Is there actually a way to disable the fan with the drivers provided in the boot image, or with some commands in Vivado (without destroying the DPU instantiated by Deephi)? Alternatively, is there a way to create a modified boot image with the F4 pin pulled low or otherwise made controllable?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos