UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Where is "$dnndk_pkg/samples/resnet50"?

Jump to solution

I am trying to follow UG1327 v1.5 > Ch. 5: Network Deployment Overview using xlnx_dnndk_v3.0_190624.tar.gz on an Ultra96 running xilinx-ultra96-prod-dpu1.4-desktop-buster-2019-05-31.img.zip.

I am able to get to Compiling the Hybrid Executable, but I cannot seem to find the $dnndk_pkg/samples/resnet50 directory.  Previously in DNNDK v2.08 Beta, it was located in $dnndk_pkg/Ultra96/samples/resnet50, but it is no longer there.  Ch. 3 Upgrading and Porting > Since v3.0 > Example Changes states that samples are in the Xilinx AI SDK, but after following UG1354 v1.0 up to Ch. 2 Quick Start > Setting Up the Target, I do not see it in the /usr/share/XILINX_AI_SDK/samples directory.

Where may I find $dnndk_pkg/samples/resnet50?

Best Regards,

Joseph

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Where is "$dnndk_pkg/samples/resnet50"?

Jump to solution

I ended up using the resnet50 sample from DNNDK v2.08 Beta, which seems to work fine.  I was originally concerned there might be incompatibilities between different versions of DNNDK, but this does not appear to be the case.

In order to get the DNNDK v2.08 Beta sample to work with the DNNDK v3.0 .elf, I had to update main.cc as follows:

1. Update INPUT_NODE and OUTPUT_NODE to match the output of running dnnc.sh
  2. Replace the dpuSetImage2() call per [DNNDK] Invalid mean value for DPU kernel, Tensorflow support.

Best Regards,

Joseph

5 Replies
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

It is inside directory "Ultra96/usr/share/XILINX_AI_SDK/samples/classification". The file name is "test_video_classification_resnet_50"

Regards, abhidan@logictronix.com
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided solves your query. Give Kudos if you think it was helpful and reply oriented.
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Thanks for pointing me to that, Abhidan.  I missed it b/c I was searching for "resnet50", but it has been renamed "resnet_50".

It seems like this sample might be different than the one mentioned in UG1327 v1.5Ch. 5: Network Deployment OverviewCompiling the Hybrid Executable.  I did not see a Makefile to compile the hybrid executable from the dpu_resnet50_0.elf generated from running dnnc.sh.

Where may I find the resnet50 (or resnet_50) sample with a Makefile to compile the hybrid executable?  Or are these UG1327 v1.5 instructions out of date?  Should I be following something else to try TensorFlow support in DNNDK?

Best Regards,

Joseph

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

I ended up using the resnet50 sample from DNNDK v2.08 Beta, which seems to work fine.  I was originally concerned there might be incompatibilities between different versions of DNNDK, but this does not appear to be the case.

In order to get the DNNDK v2.08 Beta sample to work with the DNNDK v3.0 .elf, I had to update main.cc as follows:

1. Update INPUT_NODE and OUTPUT_NODE to match the output of running dnnc.sh
  2. Replace the dpuSetImage2() call per [DNNDK] Invalid mean value for DPU kernel, Tensorflow support.

Best Regards,

Joseph

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

@jchang_endiag @nwillard  If you want, I have a slide deck that might help....let me know and I will send it over.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

@quentonh,

Sure, additional documentation would be great, thanks!

Best Regards,

Joseph

0 Kudos