Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

2016.2 to 2017.2 Revup Bug?

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I'm having a problem using revup to convert a 2016.2 project into a 2017.1 project. The process itself seems to work; however, the design hierarchy is never populated. This is frustrating because my project is large and contains several levels of hierarchy. In case it helps the project contains ip described in Verilog, VHDL, design checkpoints, and xci. I'm not sure what the cause is, but, the routine that constructs the hierarchy appears to be hanging because, when the design hierarchy window is open the arrow spins as if it is still working. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Josh 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi @prathikm,

We did find a solution to this problem. It turned out that there were a few .xcix (core container) that were causing the problem. I had to remove and re-add these files after revup to 2017.2. 

Thanks for your help,

Josh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @jsmonson,

You can try right click on the "design sources" in sources window and try selecting hierarchy update -->"automatic update and compile order".

Is this 2017.1 or 2017.2?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi @prathikm,

Thanks for the advice, however, I right-clicked on the design sources window and found that "automatic update and compile order" was already selected. I tried switching to "no update, manual compile order" and back to "automatic update and compile order" with no luck. 

Currently, I'm using 2017.2, but I've found the same thing happens when using revup with 2016.2->2017.1 and 2016.1->2016.4->2017.1.

Josh 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @jsmonson,

Can you please attach the system details here? This will give an idea on memory/variables/OS as well.

report_environment -file C:/<path>/env.txt

Are any logs or .str file being generated by the tool? Information on files here.

If the project is too large, it it possible to share it here?

Else we can work out other ways to get it if you acknowledge to share it.

This will help in testing this project based on your work flow at our end. 

Are there any encrypted modules which you can temporarily disable and try to revup others?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi @prathikm,

We did find a solution to this problem. It turned out that there were a few .xcix (core container) that were causing the problem. I had to remove and re-add these files after revup to 2017.2. 

Thanks for your help,

Josh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos