Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

3rd party IP delivered as .dcp.

Hi

A 3rd party IP vendor has delivered an eval version of his IP core in the form of a .dcp file. 

(He has also delivered a VHDL package file containing the component declaration).

I would like to instantiate this IP into IP Integrator as an IP block. Is there an preferred way to achieve this?

Another complication - the vendor has stated that the .dcp was generated using 2016.3 tools. I need to use 2017.4. Does this affect this flow?

Thanks

Clive

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: 3rd party IP delivered as .dcp.

@clivewmwalker,

This is something that is being looked at for future releases but currently (Vivado 2018.1 and earlier) niether module reference or packaging a user IP allows the use of a dcp submodule.  In order to use this customer IP you would have to create a top level RTL and instantiate both the BD and the 3rd party IP and create BD ports specifically for connecting to the IP outside the BD.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

OK so I think I found out how to do this.

I added the component declaration and the .dcp file to a new Vivado 2016.4 Post Synthesis project.

I then opened the synthesized design and did write_vhdl <component name>.

In my 2017.4 project, I then used the Module Reference flow to add the core to my top level .bd.

Clive

Highlighted

Hello @clivewmwalker,

Thanks a lot for letting us know and we are glad to see that you have found out a valid workaround to this issue.

As your issue is solved, please mark your response as Accepted Solution (more info on this can be found here: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/solutions#solutions), so  the topic can be completed then. We appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance and have a great day.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos