Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tessitd
Explorer
Explorer

AXI BFM - cdn_axi4 Example Design in 2015.4

Jump to solution

All,

I am moving backwards to support an older project which uses the Cadence CDN_AXI4 BFM.  Reviewing the documentation it indicates that there is an example design for this IP block.  If I right click on the IP block in my design and say open Example design I get a simple instantiation of the block, not what is showing up in the documentation.  Furthermore the documentation states I should have a folder called example.srcs/ when I do this -- which is what I was hoping to get.

So can someone instruct me how to create the example design for this specific IP.  I have done this prior with other IP so I do know how to do this step.  Is there something special about this CDN_AXI4 IP?  I did notice in the <VivadoInstallDir>/data/ip/xilinx/cds_axi_bfm_v5_0 directory that the ttcl folder does have encrypted TCL for generating the example, but I cannot understand how to run this.

An yes I know this is licensed and yes I have the license to run it.  I need to example to see how to make some changes to an existing test framework to explore some defect cases with the handling of the AXI bus.  No I don't want to migrate to the new AXI BFM at this time.  This is a legacy support effort for an old project.

The documentation and user guide is poorly written with respect to how to use the task calls for modifying the behavior of AXI traffic.  I am hopeful the examples will provide some more guidance as to the changes I need to make.

Thanks for your continued support,

TomT...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tessitd
Explorer
Explorer
Found the cdn_axi4_example_test.v on my computer network -- at some point I had been able to expand this example. So I can continue moving forward.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
tessitd
Explorer
Explorer
Found the cdn_axi4_example_test.v on my computer network -- at some point I had been able to expand this example. So I can continue moving forward.

View solution in original post