UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer alexrp92
Observer

AXI GPIO all output configuration doesn't work

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I am trying to make a communication from linux to my FPGA using AXI gpio, for this reason, I just need to cnfigure 1 port as output GPIO_io_o[31:0]. The problem comeswhen I implement the AXI GPIO ip using a tcl script... I made a .tcl file which contains the following lines:

# AXI GPIO IP core
startgroup
create_bd_cell -type ip -vlnv xilinx.com:ip:axi_gpio axi_gpio_0
set_property -dict [list CONFIG.C_ALL_INPUTS {0} CONFIG.C_ALL_OUTPUTS {1}] [get_bd_cells axi_gpio_0]
endgroup

As a result. the ip is created in the diagram page at vivado's but the GPIO is configured as all inputs instead of all outputs... Besides, if I write in the tcl console (after the creation of the gpio ip) the following line:

set_property -dict [list CONFIG.C_ALL_INPUTS {0} CONFIG.C_ALL_OUTPUTS {1}] [get_bd_cells axi_gpio_0]

the ip changes to all output.. so I don't understand why it doesn't work from the script..

thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: AXI GPIO all output configuration doesn't work

Jump to solution
I did a quick test and instantiated an axi_gpio in IPI. I then exported the bd. This is the code for creating that ip from the resulting .tcl file. I then includes in a .tcl file of it's own and sourced that file. The resulting instantiated axi_gpio was configured for all outputs.

# Create instance: axi_gpio_0, and set properties
set axi_gpio_0 [ create_bd_cell -type ip -vlnv xilinx.com:ip:axi_gpio:2.0 axi_gpio_0 ]
set_property -dict [ list \
CONFIG.C_ALL_OUTPUTS {1} \
] $axi_gpio_0

Steve Markgraf - Distinguished FPGA Design & Support Engineer E5-E
www.designlinxhs.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Which version of Vivado are you running?

www.designlinxhs.com
0 Kudos
Observer alexrp92
Observer

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
I did a quick test and instantiated an axi_gpio in IPI. I then exported the bd. This is the code for creating that ip from the resulting .tcl file. I then includes in a .tcl file of it's own and sourced that file. The resulting instantiated axi_gpio was configured for all outputs.

# Create instance: axi_gpio_0, and set properties
set axi_gpio_0 [ create_bd_cell -type ip -vlnv xilinx.com:ip:axi_gpio:2.0 axi_gpio_0 ]
set_property -dict [ list \
CONFIG.C_ALL_OUTPUTS {1} \
] $axi_gpio_0

www.designlinxhs.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos