UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor naeemahmad
Visitor

Adding/Creating multiple IPs to single IP Repository in Vivado

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am using Vivado and VHDL. I have to create user defined IP repository that should contain multiple user defined IPs. These IPs need to be generated from VHDL files. I am able to create repository with only one IP, but I am not able to add more IPs to same repository.

Please guide me in this matter.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards

Naeem

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Adding/Creating multiple IPs to single IP Repository in Vivado

Jump to solution

@naeemahmad

That is possible if you set a master folder containing all the IPs in IP repository. 

Capture.JPG

Try IP repository till the following path: C:/user/nahmad/Desktop/Vivado_projects

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4 Replies

Jump to solution

@naeemahmad

In the project under IP-->Repository, you can click on + symbol to add multiple custom IPs in single project. 

Capture.JPG

--Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Visitor naeemahmad
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thank you for the response. I did same what you suggested.

It created two different repositories and each repository has one IP (as shown in upper part of picture). My target is to merge multiple IPs in one repository/directory (as shown in lower part of picture by Vivado repository).

Yes of course i will get these IPs in one project as you suggested. But in later, if i want to move/copy IPs, i have to move/copy each repository for respective IP. If all IPs are merged to one repository, then I will need to handle only one repository to organize multiple IPs.

Kind regards

Naeem

ip.JPG
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@naeemahmad

That is possible if you set a master folder containing all the IPs in IP repository. 

Capture.JPG

Try IP repository till the following path: C:/user/nahmad/Desktop/Vivado_projects

--Syed

Visitor naeemahmad
Visitor

Jump to solution

@syedz

Thanks a lot, it worked:)

0 Kudos