UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie syllys

Axi Gpio help

Hello, i'm new to vivado. I need to communicate between ps and pl. My design has 2 input and 3 output (all 1 bit), so i thought to add 5 axi gpio of 1 bit (setting 3 all output and 2 all input in the option). I'm sure i can use only one axi gpio, how i create it? I'm confused because now i have to deal with input and output together. I set like this:

question1.PNG 

if it's ok how i draw connection?

question2.PNG

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Newbie syllys

Re: Axi Gpio help

Hi! I still have the same question: it is possible to use only one axi gpio for more signals (each of 1 bit in my case)?
0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

Re: Axi Gpio help

Let me introduce you to two indispensable built-ins within IP Integrator: Concat and Slice.

2019-02-06_23-04-51.jpg

The above is an expansion of a 32-bit Status Register construction that I often use in designs. This particular Concat has 32, one-bit input ports, but each input port of Concat can actually be any width. The output port size of Concat is automatically determined by the IP by adding-up all of the input ports.

Concat groups individual bits and smaller buses together into larger buses. Slice extracts an individual bit or several bits (sub-buses) from a larger bus.

Using these two devices, you should be able to connect your two blocks together any way you wish.

-Joe G.

0 Kudos