UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

[BD 41-1273] Error running propagate TCL procedure

Jump to solution

Hi

can some one please explain why I'm getting the above error. The project was working fine. I then tried to add some new IP in Vivado 2015.2 block design. There was a problem with the IP so I deleted it. So net change should be nothing, but not so. After I added and deleted the IP I then get the attached error when I run validate. Any idea why? Any idea how I get back to a working design? I have tried resetting and regenerating the ouptput products.

Regards

Peter

BD 41-1273.jpg
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [BD 41-1273] Error running propagate TCL procedure

Jump to solution

I have got rid of the errors by exiting Vivado without saving it. Opening it up again and re-validating and it works fine. Phew.

5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

In Vivado 2014.2  IPI, a new check was introduced to make sure that tlast signal is connected when  a DMA is used in the design.

This error occurs if S2MM or MM2S are enabled and the connections are left floating

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

The VDMA doesn't have any of its output floating. See schematic

vdma_BD411273.jpg
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
But in this particular case, the connections are all there, except the MM2S has been pulled external, see the screen shot

This is a bug with the tools and is fixed in 2014.3. In the mean time, you can workaorund the issue by editing the axi_dma_v7_1/bd/bd.tcl in the build area, comment out lines 63 to 91.

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

I have got rid of the errors by exiting Vivado without saving it. Opening it up again and re-validating and it works fine. Phew.

Observer joancab
Observer

Jump to solution

Doesn't look like a solution but a lucky day. Has anybody else anything more universal?

0 Kudos