UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor andyionscope
Visitor

[BD 41-951] Parameter LAYERED_METADATA not found

I am working with the Microblaze and some custom IP blocks (one with an AXI-Lite interface). After entering the blocks into a block diagram and run Validate design, I get the following error message 6 times.

[BD 41-951] Parameter LAYERED_METADATA not found on /rst_clk_wiz_1_100M/peripheral_aresetn

The design builds correctly (synthesis/route/generate bitstream etc) and the code that I run on the Microblaze runs correctly, but I am concerned about the meaning of the error message.

I have searched the forum and the internet in general, but I can not find any reference to this error message. It seems to only occur when I connect my custom IP blocks to the peripheral reset line from the rst_clk_wiz_1_100M_0 block that is created with the Microblaze.

Any suggestions on what this error means and what the solution might be, I can post more details if required, but in the first instance, I was just looking for a reference to the error message to see what the cause might be?

Regards

Andy

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: [BD 41-951] Parameter LAYERED_METADATA not found

I Just got this error message as well. Anybody have an answer? It was from connecting a clock source to a shift ram register pipelining a signal output from an axi_fifo

0 Kudos
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

I have also seen this (critical) warning in my design. In my case it was related to connecting a signal of type clock to a BD port of type data. Changing the -type option of the create_bd_port command (to -type clk) fixed this issue. It's possible the net type of the signal you are using as a clock is not marked as a clock.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
Visitor julenp
Visitor

Hi,

I know that there are a lot of time that it´s thread was resolved.  But now, i have the "same" problem.

I´m going to explain my situation: i have two lvds ports, these signals goes to a lvds buffer which throw a single signal. This single signal goes to my own IP.

In my case: the ports have the clk type; the type of utility_ds_buf is clk also; the output of my single signal the same; and the last one,the entry of the IP has the clk type also...

I don´t know where is my problem.

Thanks you very much

0 Kudos