UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Block Design does not save Zynq settings - Vivado 2015.4 Linux

Jump to solution

Windows 7 running VirtualBox w/Ubuntu 14.04

Vivado 2015.4 (Linux)

Here is what I do prior to the tool breaking......

I open the GUI, generate a Zynq design with my own Zynq peripherals/settings and save the block diagram as well as generate output products. I then continue on to build a proper system, synthesize, run implementation then create a bitfile. After this I export the bit file and hdf file to my embedded software project and eventually load the image to my board (all of my peripherals work). At this point I have closed Vivado and moved on. 

Now.....at a later time I open Vivado to make a hardware change and viola! I am left with a block design (including my Zynq) and all of my Zynq settings are set to default, i.e. no UART, QSPI, ETH0, DDR settings gone, etc. which also means that I have connections from PL to the Zynq that are left open in the block design. This hasn't ever happened to me in the Windows versions of Vivado, what gives?

At first this was only an annoying issue but now it has become a problem. Please advise.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Block Design does not save Zynq settings - Vivado 2015.4 Linux

Jump to solution

Well, looking through some other issues I found a button in the Zynq Processing System that I never noticed, it is the "Presets" button. From here you can save your settings as a TCL script and just use the "Apply Configuration..." option anytime that you notice the settings have magically disappeared.

FYI, @siktap, the only way I was able to duplicate the problem was when I changed my Zynq Processing System configuration, implemented the project, exported an HDF file, closed Vivado and when I open Vivado again, poof......my settings were gone.

On the other hand, if I change my Zynq Processing System configuration, save, then close Vivado and then re-open Vivado the settings will remain (but only until I implement the design and close Vivado, they will always disappear after this!).

I will mark this as a solution since it works.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

are you doing "run automation" in your IPI? 

This is a known issue. While running block automation,there is a switch thats automatically chosen.
Apply Board Preset will discard existing IP configuration - please uncheck this box, if you wish to retain previous configuration.

Please check this.

Regards
Sikta
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

@siktap

I am not "intentionally" doing a "run automation" on my block design. Not sure what this even is....what is the default value? (that is what I am doing)

I am looking for a switch called "Apply Board Preset" and I am unable to find it. Could you please tell me how to "uncheck" this box?

FYI, my setup is not "board aware" which is by design. Vivado for Windows doesn't do this. Please advise.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution
FYI, I am not using "run automation" in my IPI.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Well, looking through some other issues I found a button in the Zynq Processing System that I never noticed, it is the "Presets" button. From here you can save your settings as a TCL script and just use the "Apply Configuration..." option anytime that you notice the settings have magically disappeared.

FYI, @siktap, the only way I was able to duplicate the problem was when I changed my Zynq Processing System configuration, implemented the project, exported an HDF file, closed Vivado and when I open Vivado again, poof......my settings were gone.

On the other hand, if I change my Zynq Processing System configuration, save, then close Vivado and then re-open Vivado the settings will remain (but only until I implement the design and close Vivado, they will always disappear after this!).

I will mark this as a solution since it works.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

@siktap

I forgot to paste the garbage in the TCL console that is printed when I apply this solution, this might help you identify an issue.....vivado_crap.png

0 Kudos
Scholar samcossais
Scholar

Jump to solution

I am having a quite similar problem with Vivado 2015.4 (Win7 64b) and IP Integrator. In my case settings were saved several times without problems, until I added some blocks. I have not used the automation button, and I don't have Zync or Microblaze inside my system, just a bunch of AXI IPs.

Here is the corresponding thread I just made :
https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Entry/IP-Integrator-Changes-to-block-design-are-not-saved/td-p/684685

Hopefully someone can help both of us...

0 Kudos