Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teddywhy
Explorer
Explorer

Block Design with an IP having global defines

Jump to solution

Dear Sir,

I am using Block Design but one of my IP has global defines. 

Do I need to have same global defines when using Block Design ?

Regards,

Teddy Wong.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
teddywhy
Explorer
Explorer

I have solved this problem by adding external defines to block design and ip package. Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
vsrunga
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi, 

Not exactly.

UG1118 says - After packaging Vivado tool treats global `include files as standard Verilog or Verilog Header files.
To package a design that uses global ‘include files, you must modify the HDL to place the
`include statement at the top of any Verilog source file that references content from another Verilog or Verilog header file.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
teddywhy
Explorer
Explorer

To be exactly, this ip has different configurations according to different external defines.

It looks like external defines is needed in final block design, isn't it ?

0 Kudos
vsrunga
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi, 

Are you packaging  RTL(with defines) and using it as a custom IP long with other IPs whose configuration is based on those defines? 

If yes, as other IPs don't have knowledge about those defines you should have them included..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
teddywhy
Explorer
Explorer

I have solved this problem by adding external defines to block design and ip package. Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos