UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scholar ronnywebers
Scholar

Block design keeps saying 'refresh IP catalog'

Jump to solution

Using Vivado 2015.4

for some reason, the 'refresh IP catalog' in my block design window regularly 'pops-up', for no reason. When I hit refresh IP catalog, it runs but finds no differences or updates needed (which there aren't).

Is there any reason for this? Looks like a bug? On what basis does Vivado decide something (might have) has changed in the IP repo(s)>?

** kudo if the answer was helpful. Accept as solution if your question is answered **
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Block design keeps saying 'refresh IP catalog'

Jump to solution

@ronnywebers,

There are many existing CRs on this which seem to have been fixed.

You can try with Vivado 2016.2 or with 2016.3 (once it is released) and see if you get the same behaviour.

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
6 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

update your vivado version to Vivado 2016.2 release. You may try with new project . It may your project got corrupted

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.

Jump to solution

Hi @ronnywebers,

There is an issue reported regarding "inconsistency on "refresh IP catalog"". Currently a CR is existing on this and is scheduled to be fixed in future Vivado versions.

Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

I see this every time I change directory in the tcl window.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@ronnywebers,

There are many existing CRs on this which seem to have been fixed.

You can try with Vivado 2016.2 or with 2016.3 (once it is released) and see if you get the same behaviour.

Thanks,
Nupur
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
Scholar ronnywebers
Scholar

Jump to solution

@nupurs@balkris

I'd love to upgrade, but unfortunately I cannot upgradeas I'm in the middle of a project, and the consequences of upgrading would be too large.

I think the issue popped-up after I relocated a referred custom IP to another folder. I first deleted the IP from the block design, then removed it from the project repository settings. Then added the new location of the custom IP to the repository settings, and added the IP back to my block design. Since then my project starts randomly telling me I need to upgrade my IP - which is not the case.

I didn't dare to just 'relocate' the repository in the settings without removing the IP and adding it again. That doesn't seem to work well ...

Anyone an idea which file or what exactly triggers Vivado to say something has changed? Is it some specific file content, a file date, ... ?

I guess I can 'ignore' the upgrade request in case I know that my IP is up to date?

** kudo if the answer was helpful. Accept as solution if your question is answered **
0 Kudos
Scholar ronnywebers
Scholar

Jump to solution

@nupurs@balkris 

I disccovered at least 1 systematic way to trigger the 'refresh ip catalog' : 

* after I open a (any) project, when I enter 'pwd' in the tcl command, the folder points to somewhere on my C: drive, but not to the current project folder

* if I enter a tcl command to switch to the current project directory, immediately a 'refresh ip catalog' appears. The command it this one :

cd [get_property DIRECTORY [current_project]]

there must be some relation between the project directory change and the triggering of 'refresh ip catalog', can you think of a way to avoid this?

0 Kudos