09-30-2019 09:12 AM
I'm running an OOC IP flow and have noticed that the synth_ip stage falls over even if used with the -force switch.
At the end of the run you get an error that the user should use the -force option to overwrite the file.... :-/
ERROR: [Common 17-176] Overwrite of existing file isn't enabled. Please specify -force to overwrite file [/home/shareef/git/xilinx_vcu108_clean/vivado/ip/microblaze_mcs_0/microblaze_mcs_0.dcp]
Logs attached. 2019.1/CentOS/Non-Project
09-30-2019 09:20 PM
10-01-2019 01:33 AM
sorry, what do you mean by 'reset the synthesis run'? If you mean delete the checkpoint and re-run then yes, that works fine because it doesn't hit this issue.
10-02-2019 04:50 AM
Hi firstname.lastname@example.org ,
looking at the log file it can be confirmed that your usage of synth_ip is correct as per syntax.
we would like to investigate by reproducing the issue at our end locally.
can you share the design files to reproduce the issue? if yes please check your private message i have sent you a message
10-06-2019 10:38 PM
10-08-2019 11:49 PM
I ran the following commands
make ip FORCE=1
and i did not see the error.
can you re-check the steps to reproduce the issue? because the log file which you have attached sources common.tcl file and the by following the above steps it sources vivado.tcl file.
see attached image
10-10-2019 01:22 AM - edited 10-10-2019 01:25 AM
You don't need my scripts to reproduce it. Just run the ip generation flow twice.
read_ip <pick an ip> generate_ip_products synth_ip -force
P.S. vivado.tcl sources common.tcl. You have the scripts in front of you don't you? If you don't understand Tcl then I'm sure there's someone in your team who does.
10-10-2019 09:52 AM
I ran the following commands my tcl shell.
synth_ip [get_ips] -force
still did not see any issue with the -force.
PS: there is no such command as generate_ip_products
10-11-2019 01:27 AM
Sorry, that was me trying to remember the name of the command without looking, but you do have the scripts in front of you. :-/
The flow I'm using is read_ip/generate_target/synth_ip. I found that running synth_ip on its own didn't produce the required output products so had to fall back to running the tripple of commands. That's another bug from another post.
I've also seen issues that I reported in yet another post where I couldn't get the .mem outputs when using export_simulation. In that case, it seems to work initially, then at some point it stops working and I have to check out to a clean area. It works for a few runs then fails again.
To me it just seems that the non-project flow has a lot of intermittent bugs in it that only pop up in certain circumstances. I'll try and get you a simple script that replicates the issue here but this isn't a priority for me now as I've given up on using Xilinx.