UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

CDC in Vivado Block design

Short:

I know that there are clock converter IPs for high-level (eg. AXIS) interfaces, but how can the CDC be handled in case of single signals in BlockDesign?

Long:

I have a BlockDesign with several clock domains. There is a Microblaze, and several peripherals (Aurora, 10GETH). The CDC of the data-path can be handled easily using the AXI clock converter IP. But some peripheral (eg Aurora) has parallel status/ctrl interface. I want to connect these signals to MB to control/monitor the IP. Now the only working way is to mark these (status) signals as external and handle the CDC at wrapper level. Is there any easier and more user-friendly way?

--------------------------------------------------------  UPDATE  ------------------------------------------------------------

To be more specific:

I need CDC for quasi-stationary signals. All I need is two consecutive FF (aka. meta-stability filter). A block with a (vector) data input a (target) clock input and a (vector) data output.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos